1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Rox Fans See Dekker and Anderson As Our Future Going Forward

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ABS, Feb 13, 2017.

1. photojoe

photojoe Member

Why all the hate for Dekker? We drafted him with the 18th pick and are currently paying him 1.6 million dollars on his rookie contract. Taking players with the #18 pick you can't expect much. In the history of the NBA, some of the best players taken at #18 are Calvin Murphy, Joe Dumars and Mark Jackson, but obviously there are way more busts taken at 18 than Hall Of Famers like Murphy. Dekker has been a pleasant surprise this season and has shown, at worst, he is a productive bench player. That's pretty good for the #18 pick. Dekker is still young and can hopefully improve, but I don't think anyone is expecting him to be the next superstar or next player to carry our team.

dje243 likes this.
  2. basketballholic

Bingo. If we're going to stretch the floor, then let's really go small and get 4 guys that can shoot and handle out there. Drop Harden down to the 3/4 defensively. He wouldn't have to guard 4's all time if he had a versatile 3/4 next to him where he could switch out with. Then you have the opponent in a really bad place trying to defend three smalls on the perimeter with Harden and the big running pnr.

This is precisely why I'm thinking you trade Anderson fit other smalls plus parts to send to some team asking with Capela/picks to get your premier defensive 5 that can chew up the glass and shut down the paint.

We need to get loaded up on wings and playmakers, and get one premier big to past in tandem with Nene and go to war.

#82 basketballholic, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
    StrawberryJamm likes this.
  3. hooroo

hooroo Member

[​IMG]

OP trolling the boards

dje243 likes this.
  4. ABS

ABS Member

The Great Codman I've been hearing about around here! Have many seats with me fella, to bump brain cells against brain cells. You, sir, is welcome in my company!

By the way, I was riding hard on your prediction to get our "Enforcer".....but it's always good to live another day and try again, eh?

#salute

--- ABS

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

6. ABS

ABS Member

Whatever you're saying, man. The word "sturdy" to describe a certain type of player is a word that came out of Daryl Morey' mouth......not mine.

My position is AGAINST the sturdy types....given all the qualities players we lost because of that nonsense. And the players listed are whom Morey acquire to fulfill his FAILED vision of a sturdy squad.

Not to mention his knack to find 'em left-handed.

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Anderson sucks is and overpaid for his inconsistent one dimensional game. Also dekker is overly valued... we will be lucky if he ever reaches prime Chandler parsons level for the rockets befor injury.

The fact of the matter is this... we can't even beat the Spurs let alone the warriors in the playoffs.. we will most likely have a hard time winning a 1st round series as constructed...

ABS likes this.
  8. ABS

ABS Member

It's surreal fans like us can see eye-to-eye about Anderson/Dekker but many of the fans on Clutchfan think this has to do with color, man. Just bizzare how they can overlook these guys' one dimensional skillsets and think they're being attack for something outside of basketball.

But you know what? We can't blame the fans for this. That rest squarely on Morey' shoulders. He intentionally did this to the Rockets. He talks about it in the open, in plain language and crytic, subliminal clues, here and there.

I studied the guy. I like his business savvy but HATE his manner of assessing talent and what that looks like. He believes in "sturdy" types. And a specific demographic is built like that.

Like I said, he speaks it in plain language and get away with it. It's a reason the Celtics booted him out and wanted nothing to do with his outdated mindset. And you look at the Celtic' demogrpahic today, you know they couldn't run fast enough to cleanse the vision Morey tried to implement on the Celtic' roster.

But the Sucker brought that s*** down south to Texas and for a while, he shelved those outdated ideas out of respect to Carrol Dawson. But as soon as the Yao Ming/McGrady era was over, Morey was entrenched enough into Rockets Basketball to start unravelling our historic demographic in terms of players and the talents that make up Rockets Basketball.

And Morey almost got his vision up and running when he said Asik and Lin was the cornerstones of the Rockets going forward. And Parsons was already in tow as the starting S.F. for the Rockets.

It would have been an utter disaster if Morey didn't strike gold with the Harden trade. And when I learned of it and saw how he dropped 45 to 50 points twice in less than a week into the season, I was so relieved and estatic, man!

I was like,

"This is NOT Lin/Asik' team! Our Leader is HARDEN!!"

And I remember there were fans trying to support a Lin/Asik/Parsons dynasty (as if that crap would have turn to fruition) but the more Harden proved his game on the floor, the more Lin and Parsons looked unworthy to carry Harden' jock-straps. Haha.

But here we are. Morey is at it again! He got Anderson at the 4. He block off K.J. from having any steam to cement his spot behind Ariza. And literally have a red-carpet roll-out for Dekker to be groomed for Ariza' replacement.

And he's doing it very careful to blend in Fans' support, little by little.until he change the cultural-thinking in how we see talent and Rockets-identity basketball. Im afraid in the next 10 years we'll be looking like Stockton' Jazz or Bird' Celtics.

And be irrelevant for years to come, man. If only Harden can live to be 180 years old so he can at least play for a 100 years. Ha.

#88 ABS, Feb 14, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  9. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

wow... insightful.... me personally.. im color blind... I dont see people or players for their color. I only judge by what i see... and in this instance on the basketball court. It is no surprise that Dekker and Anderson are overvalued both on the court and in trade discussions among most of the rockets fans..... I really do not know where this comes from as we have all seen their quality of up and down inconsistent play... THERE SHOULD BE absolutely no hesitation if we are getting valuable pieces that fit and we have to move Dekker... Anderson is another story.. I wish we could go back slash his salary... or I wish we can trade him. I think he his bloated contract coupled with this inconsistent one dimensional style of play will render him untradeable maybe after one more year, yes, even with the salary cap going up.... he is needs to earn his almost $300,000 a game and start to focus in and do what he is known to do... because having tons of single digit games....and also have 0 in the box score is unexcuseable for a OVER PRICED VET.... he has hurt us in the losses we have suffered....

What I do not agree with you on is..... KJ.... KJ sucks too.... plain and simple... yes we have seen limited amounts of this guy on the floor, but he has yet to become a shooter and still consistently, albeit its rare when he sees the floor, he plays spotty defense and makes stupid turnovers.. I like his contract and he is trade bait no doubt.

D-rock likes this.
  10. ABS

ABS Member

Solid points but you do know Anderson 4 years are gauranteed? Yep. We will NEVER be able to trade that guy, man. He won't turn out as bad as Brewer but he will suck so many times when we really need to trade him but end up stuck because no GMs in their right mind is gonna give up their quality assets for a 20 million a season, one-dimensional , one-trick pony in Anderson.

And his contract will block alot of flexibility we'd need......like the Ibaka trade. I firmly believe we could have had the right pieces in place if we hadn't gone after Anderson with that ridiculous contract.

There was other guys to be had at a lot cheaper pirce. Even Troy Daniels was available, man! And he's shooting better than Anderson.

Montrezl would have been ideal at the 4 spot until a trade like this pop up and we'd have the pieces in place to give up and not hurt our overall competitiveness. But Morey locked up a big chunk of our cap with that one-dimensional loser and really restricted our flexibility to be fluid enough to move multiple smaller pieces and keep our core and overall competitiveness intact.

I reepect your point on K.J. But he was progressing early in the season. He would have been better by now.

Dekker is shooting 32% or 34% from 3s. That is hardly justification to yank K.J. as if he couldn't duplicate that production. He was....he was hitting around 30% when he was yanked. By now, he'd had more experience at it and be better off. But thats another story.

bilaal14 likes this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Brewer sucks- dont need to expand
    Ariza sucks- old, 2nd most inconsistent player on our team
    and RYAN ANDERSON SUCKS- one dimensional, super horrible contract, and inconsistent

I have been saying this consistently since almost the 2nd month into the season.....

We need to make a change... all this BS fluff from Harden and MDA about loving this team and having enough to win... give me a break. We will lose easily to the Spurs and GS warriors... and might even be first round outs depending on who we play. I do not care if we are playing on house money and have overachieved. It makes no sense to waste a MVP year from Harden. Like, Toronto we need to be all in now. Its about time.... But I guess the latest I will put that at is this summer.

Also, REDNATION, STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP overvaluing Capela and Dekker.... they are not great.... nor will ever be great.... they are easily moveable pieces just like our subpar draft picks.... Stop with the delusion. Are we even watching the same games?

ABS and Stormy1234 like this.
  13. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

So how good do you think we are? Sounds like you think we aren't even a playoff team. If you think 3/5ths of our starting line up "sucks" along with Dekker, then i'm not sure how you value this team.

14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Half of our future is gone. Will the other half be here when the season starts?

15. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

We're throwing away our future and for what? Chris friggin' Paul and Carmelo fartin' Anthony? What a waste...

We had the best 40 foot jump shooter in the league and the breakaway coulda dunked but faceballed instead king. What are we even thinking about right now? We're giving up 40.5, 10.9 and 12.1 for 20.1, 8.3 and 1.9? That's idiotic.

Edit: My mom called and said I had those numbers reversed, but I still think it's stupid to give up your future. You don't give up guys that are going to make the hall of fame for chuckers.

Edit again: My PE coach from middle school called. He says I have that backwards. He said this Carmelo guy and Paul are very likely to make the hall of fame and that Dekker/Anderson have no chance. I still this it's stupid though. Dekker and Anderson are really nice people who volunteered so many hours to the city of houston.

Edit yet again: My ex girlfriend called and told me about the inner city programs that Chris Paul is involved in. I'm just not good at this.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Edit: my mom called. Cp3 seems like a very nice young man but harden has an offputting "taliban beard"

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. don grahamleone

Edit: Mom looked up pictures of the beard pre-beard.. she's cool with it. Oddly enough she's into the taliban more than ever now. I tried to explain but she ain't got time for that.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  18. bigred77

bigred77 Member

OMG... Is Potato Head really ABS?!?!?!?

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thanks....we know the answer to that.

20. don grahamleone