1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Kevin Love want to play for the Lakers?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jason3333, Jan 10, 2014.

1. jason3333

jason3333 Member

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/writer...se-looming-wolves-between-rock-and-hard-place

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'd be more then comfortable offering a preemptive package this year of any and all besides Howard, Harden, Parsons, Bev, I would say Jones but obviously he'd be obsolete with Love here.

Give him a year to see how it feels to play on a team with title dreams/listen to Dwight telling him how bad LA is - could change his way of thinking :rolleyes:

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

You wouldn't give up Parsons and/or Beverly for Love but Morey would ship them out the very second Minnesota asks for them in exchange for Love.

4. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I wouldn't ship out Parsons in a scenario where we aren't given at least decent bench players to cover some minutes - unless we had an agreement with Love to re-sign.

I think the T-Wolves will be down on their luck finding a better deal then one which involves Asik & Lin plus others/draft picks.
    They mightn't have a use for either of them but they can then formulate their own trades involving those two.

EDIT: and if anything - I think Parsons being out earlier this season showed just how truly valuable he is to this team. Even when Howard and Harden are playing.

EDIT 2: I can't be held accountable for trade scenarios generated through intoxication

#4 Downtown Sniper, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  5. steddinotayto

Like I said, you wouldn't ship out Parsons but Morey and any sane GM would. Parsons is a nice complementary player and border-line all-star but Kevin Love is elite. You don't hesitate to pull a trigger just because we might not get bench players back. Just like Miami, when you have a three-headed monster of Dwight/Harden/Love you worry about the smaller details later.

If no one wanted Asik during Morey's self-imposed deadline (if one didn't take that Brandon Bass trade seriously), why would anyone want Asik AND Lin now? Just because the salaries going out matches up with Love's doesn't mean anything when the Minnesota already has Pekovic and Rubio.

6. steddinotayto

Duly noted

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If Kevin Love were traded, we'd have to offer Parsons and TJones and probably even Asik (they could deal away Pekovic separately). The asking price for Love would be almost insane.

If Kevin Love were put on the block today, for example, one of his first calls might be from the Clippers. "You take Blake Griffin, we'll take Love."

"Intriguing, I'll get back to you."

Ring ring.

"This is Daryl Morey. We'll give you Lin, Asik, and Donatas Motiejunas." (click) "Hello? Hello? Is this a fake hangup? I can, uh, hear you breathing?" (beep beep beep beep beep beep)

Of course, if the Lakers' front office weren't so stubborn and proud, they'd waive Pau Gasol and throw it in the tank now. They'd get a high draft pick and try to trade it for Love in the off-season. Looks like they'll have the cap space.

#7 ROXTXIA, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  8. steddinotayto

A Griffin for Love swap would do wonders for both teams IMO

9. mario elie

mario elie Member

I agree! I almost don't know why this hasn't happened yet. As much as Rockets fans want to believe they have a chance, they don't. We don't have anything they'd want besides Parsons, which isn't enough. Why would they want Asik? They already have Pekovic who's better.

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I would trade Dwight for him. Asik+Love would be the best two-way front court in the league.

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Sorry you're saying the TWolves can't get a better deal than Lin/Asik/picks?

12. Croatian Sensation

Croatian Sensation I'd rather be a forest than a street

Clippers and Timberwolves need defense, this trade would just be same for same. Pointless.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

The_Yoyo has been warning this board for a long time

He went to UCLA. He loves LA. He's going to go back. I wouldn't bother wasting time speculating and working out deals at the Trade Checker sites. haha

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

Love will be an unrestricted free agent. So, he'll have leverage.

15. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

Assuming Asik gets back to last years form, I would consider Kevin Love and Rubio for Howard

A 1st team of :

Asik
    Love
    Parsons
    Harden
    Patrick

and a 2nd Team of:
    DMo
    T.Jones
    (Dunleavy**)
    Lin
    Rubio

would be a legit 1st team and 2nd team squads.

We loose a bit of defense without Howard, but it's not like our current roster is a top rated defensive team.

(Granted, this is without any metrics to support the roster.)

16. Raven

Raven Member

Howard will not be traded this season - period. Not unless he demands it. If Morey trade Dwight after he left money on the table to come here, he'd have zero chance to every sign another big name free agent unless he included a no trade clause. So stop with the ridiculous trade Dwight fantasies.

17. BrotherFish

BrotherFish Contributing Member

Good point about the human factor when considering trading "happy and content" top tier players.

18. steddinotayto

Right because Griffin's offensive game is the same as Love's.

19. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

It's just hard to fathom why any other star would want to go play with Kobe at this point in his career. Kobe clearly still sees himself as the first option (when asked earlier this season if he could be the best player on a championship team, he looked at the interviewer as if they were crazy for thinking maybe that wasn't the case). That's ignoring their other cap issues. At best they are looking at adding someone like Love in place of Gasol, so how does that make them a contender?

20. SunsRocketsfan

i know people love Parsons on this board but would you do a
    Asik + Tjones + Parsons for Klove? It would mean getting a legit allstar and it would form our big 3 of Howard, Love, Harden. At that point throw in pieces around them and we are contenders.