1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does James Harden care more about winning a Championship or winning the MVP trophy?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tha_Dude, Mar 9, 2017.

?

Championship or MVP trophy?

1. MVP

21 vote(s)
    44.7%
  2. Championship

26 vote(s)
    55.3%
  1. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

This is an honest question from the dude, here. As a long time Rockets fan, MVP trophies mean virtually nothing to me, nor does winning 60 games in the regular season, coach of the year, 6th man of the year or any other frivolous crap like that.

I don't care if James wins MVP, or Gordon wins 6th man of the year or if MDA wins coach of the year. NONE OF THAT **** MATTERS.

The only thing I care about is seeing the Rockets win the championship. I hope Harden, MDA, and the others who are up for awards also see things this way.

The dude loves you.

ShutURBiG!, Ramo$e, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I know James wants to win a championship, he has that killer Instinct! he wouldn't have gotten this far and improved this much if he didn't. But of course every player would love to be MVP!

Stormy1234 likes this.
  3. Tha_Dude

Some players play for awards, others play for rings. It's fine to appreciate both but from a fans perspective I would hope that Harden cares more about the championship trophy than the MVP award.

I really wish he would just let it go and forget about it. I think it would have a positive impact on this team if he did.

Real leaders don't need awards, anyway.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. MadRocketsGamer

Hardens best award to date is 6th man of the year

Harden really should have won mvp back in 2015.

lw17 and Pen15clubber like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Does not look good for the Rox as the 6th man award was with another franchise.

But he'll get there.

Also I think Finals MVP should be deemed more valuable because it is a postseason award opposed to the regular season MVP.

All comes down to Championship.

Richie_Rich, Jayzers_100 and Tha_Dude like this.
  6. MadRocketsGamer

How about the media do there job and vote for the correct winner. Its simple, obama made anerica soft. You have to dress like a homo, wear nerdy glasses, and do stupid pregame dances to get mvp love. Back in the bush years, nba players were MEN, they came to games in throwback jerseys and fitted hats. And got respect for their play on the court. People like michelle beadle, rachel nichols and ramona shelbourne were sideline reporters with no power.

I cant believe im saying this but i hope trump has a long 8 year run as president. You cant say NOTHING anymore without offending somebody

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Roxfreak724

Roxfreak724 Member

This is a joke right? What the f*** does this post have to do with anything lmao?

lw17, da_juice, Richie_Rich and 2 others like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Both.. He cares about both.. Why does it always have to be either or? Harden wants all the things!

He's been playing the same way for 8 seasons.

hakeem94, J Sizzle and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Surely this is sarcasm? Wtf

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I think if you asked him if he wanted an MVP or a championship more, of course he would choose championship. That's not the way it works though. I agree, he cares too much about these individual accolades, and it takes away from the team. so I voted MVP dude.

#10 T for 3, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure, why not. If you have to choose between NBA 2nd team, other small awards, MVP is the prize to go.

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

well sure. but at the expense of a championship?

13. ricardo1979

ricardo1979 Member

If Harden cared about MVP to much he would be averaging 35 points a game this season. Instead he has become an unselfish player willing to sacrifice his offense to get other going. Stupid thread is a stupid thread,

Astrodome and Stormy1234 like this.
  14. Tha_Dude

This thread is a play on what Greg Popovich spoke on the other night. His teams don't play for awards they play to win rings. If the awards happen then that's good but the championship is still what his players will focus on. Yeah, a bit cliche I know.

However, I made this poll a two choice option because I think the team goal should always come before the individual goal. If you approach games with individual goals in mind then you aren't fully dedicated to the team cause. So, it's an either or type of thing.

15. jewonjew

jewonjew New Member

He wants to be the best, which also means winning a championship game.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Let me keep it real here for a moment.

1. Harden wants to win a championship.......but on his own accord. This is the truth. He wants to be known as a guy who dragged a bunch of mediocre guys to a ring. It is what it is.

2. Harden deep down knows Rockets do not have a realistic chance at a Championship this season despite what he says so he is indeed looking for that MVP. The fact that he absolutely dejected when Curry won it in the 14/15 season and it took harden quite a while to get over that. he spent that off season working on his brand, getting fat and hanging out with Khloe.

The repercussions to Harden not winning MVP this season could be bad...

hakeem94 and Cash Cam like this.
  17. Fantasma Negro

Seeing as there was no chance the media was gonna give James the MVP, he might as well shoot for finals MVP

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

Winning a championship would do more for his career and legacy than winning the MVP.

Tha_Dude and Vivi like this.
  19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Politics?

Is this a troll?

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  20. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Candidate for stupidest post of the year
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs and Jayzers_100 like this.