1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does having super teams ruin the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Miracles Boys33, Aug 8, 2012.

?

Does having super teams ruin the NBA

1. Yes because nobody wants every team to be a super team

67.1%
  2. No it makes games fun to watch

21.1%
  3. Just rebuild your team or build up your team to make it

27.0%
  4. I'm ok with it

31.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Miracles Boys33

When the Celtics had their big 3 i was ok with that but when i saw that the heat got a big 3 i was thinking that the NBA doesn't need another super team. If the howard and paul to the lakers trade went through then there would of been another super team which is not cool but anyway do you think forming super teams is ruins the NBA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

There have always been Haves and Have Nots in the NBA throughout its history. It's just part of the Game.

4. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Superteams is definitely not ruins the NBA.

5. Jontro

Jontro Member

I went ahead and voted for all the choices, like a boss.

6. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Why were most people ok with this sort of thing, during the 80s and 90s, now its a bad thing?

I DON"T UNDERSTAND.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

NO, I DON'T UNDERSTAND

8. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

They have been around since for decades. Magic's Lakers, Bird's Celtics, Isiah's Pistons were all superteams.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I voted for everything.
    Note to Clutchfans: Don't make your polls multiple-answers lol.

10. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Too hard to answer!!!

11. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Eduardo, Tony D., Asik

Rockets big three

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

13. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

[​IMG]

Oh, wrong picture that was only a Clutch Fans (forum) pipe dream.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

There is a fine line between "super teams" and when top players conspire to create a superteam. Its a GM's job to build the best team.

Individual players are commanding too much power; demanding to be traded to certain teams, demanding team mates, coaches, and GM's to be removed.

15. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Based on what ideal, that's not in the NBA rule book or any kind of standard for professional sports.

I don't see difference in players who are free agents deciding to play on the same team versus a GM who puts a team together.

16. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

And it's a free agent's right to decide where to play once he honors his contract. And last I checked, no superteam has been created from players demanding to be traded to certain teams. The Heat GM put his team in a position to sign 2 max players and 2 free agents decided to play there. If one of them decided to play here we would be ok with it.

Star players have always demanded coaches and front office folks removed, so that's nothing new.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

It needs to be stopped. Clubs shouldn't be allowed to have more than one max or near-max contract on their roster. Only way to achieve parity in this sport.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Okay but super teams in the past were more like one top ten guy and a couple top twenty guys. A superstar and some all stars.

These days we have the Heat, who have two of the to 3-4 players in the entire sport (LeBron and Wade). That would be like Jordan and Hakeem playing on the same team in their prime. AND they have Bosh backing them up. Jordan, Hakeem, and Pippen?

We have the Lakers who have one of the top five and a total of four of the top 15-20 players in the sport.

We have Dwight trying to team up with Kobe or D-Will, neither are run of the mill all stars, both are bonafide superstars.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That is an extremely poor definition of the Jordan, Magic and Bird teams. Not to mention Moses and Dr J.

A VERY VERY poor definition.

You make it sound like you actually believe the Heat last year is the best team ever by far.

Dude, you're trying to create some new definition of super team to make a point, but you are making no point. You just look like you're inventing a new word special to the Heat, so that we have to agree or we just don't understand.

Well, we don't understand, because we say so.

20. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

1960s Celtics had 6 to 9 Hall of famers on the team at one time.

1980s Celtics had possibly the best player in the league, 2nd or 3rd best power forward, and one of the best centers in the league with an unbeatable supporting cast.

1980s Lakers featured an Kareem Abdul Jabbar who was still one of the best centers in the league (even in decline), a top notch player in Magic Johnson, Jamaal Wilkes, Byron Scott, AC Green, Bob McAdoo, Michael Cooper and etc. In a Western Conference that had no perennial competitors for them.

In the 80s, it was pretty much the Lakers versus Celtics-76ers-Pistons (later) for the NBA Finals. That was it.

This is much to do about nothing. I'm pretty sure if Wade and LeBron teamed up in Houston, this thread would not exist on here.