1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Harden have a chance of becoming GOAT Rocket?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by omgTHEpotential, May 28, 2013.

Tags:
  1. omgTHEpotential

I know this may sound dumb, but do you think Harden has the tools and potential to becoming the greatest Rocket to ever play the game, therefore surpassing The Dream?

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Bump this thread again after the Rockets win 2 titles with Harden as the alpha dog.

3. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I highly doubt it. But I would love for that to be the case. Because for Harden to surpass dream, he'd basically have to be better than Michael Jordan.

4. omgTHEpotential

Do you think that Dream was better than MJ, or?

5. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

for him to surpass dream he needs to win 3 championships :)

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Do you even realize just how good the Dream was?

7. coffeelover665

I don't think so, Dream will beat him bar none unless Harden turn it up to GOD-MODE-TAKE-OVER-THE-GAME-AT-ANY-TIME Lebron-esque

It goes down to who do you like watching play?

I like watching dream play, even though I'm a guard myself, I love incorporating his post move and would spend hours practicing them

I love watching T-Mac play, clutch all the way

Harden? Not so much. I mean, hes the guy that we go to in dire situations, but something about his game isn't very fun to look at.

8. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I would love to see a Harden statue outside Toyota Center one day, as long as it comes with a real beard attached to it. Perhaps tie a bunch of black loofahs together to make the beard?

9. pnr

pnr Member

No, just no...

10. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

Blasphemy to think Harden can surpass Mr Clutch City Heart Of A Champion although anything is possible. But he's on a beeline to be the 2nd best player to put on a Rockets uniform for sure.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That will be hard to do my friend...

12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

Does he have a chance? Sure!

You know who else has a chance of being the greatest Rocket player of all time? Carlos Delfino.

He's got a chance!

13. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

No.

I do not think there is anyone in the NBA not named Lebron James who has those kinds of tools or potential to surpass The Dream.

I think Tim Duncan is the only guy in the NBA close. Kobe, second.

14. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

1) I wouldn't put money on it for sure. Dream is one of the best players to ever play the game, and while Harden is good, he doesn't look to be top 5 at his position all time in my opinion.

2) Harden has been here one year. It's way too early to even wonder about it. After year 1 of Tracy who would have guessed that his tenure with the Rockets would end without a single playoff series win (with him involved) and his injured, broken down body being shipped off for parts.

15. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Yeah, but now look at T-Mac. He has carried the Spurs to the finals.

1 person likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I came in here to post this same thing.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

Power to him... But Akeem was already on another level than harden his rookie year.

18. King1

King1 Contributing Member

No. you should be banned for even suggesting that

19. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I wouldn't say better. I would say, however, that it was closer than most people acknowledge. And MJ himself named Hakeem the center he would put on his dream team. I also think that were it not for the cocaine habits of John Lucas, Lewis Lloyd and Mitch Wiggins and the injury to Sampson, Hakeem would be the player of that generation to have 6 rings (and who knows - maybe more). Instead, they had to spend years and years rebuilding around Dream. We're lucky they recovered with time for Dream to bring home a few trophies. As players like Lebron and Durant have demonstrated in recent years - nobody can do it alone.

My point is that to be the clear cut GOAT over Hakeem, Harden would have to have Jordanesque accomplishments.

2 people like this.
  20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What's wrong for suggesting it? Would you not want to see Harden elevate his game to Dream-level?? While I think it's highly improbable, and probably a pretty ridiculous question to ask, as a Rockets fan, you should WANT Harden to pass the Dream.