1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Fisher's suspension help or hurt us?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FR0497, May 7, 2009.

1. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Brown and Farmar have much more speed to contain Brooks and Fisher was struggling with his shot. They lose a ton of playoff experience, big shot maker, and game manager when things get tough. Who does this suspension help, us or them?

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

hmm......wonder why no one else has brought this up on this site?

/end ahole response

3. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

I mentioned this like 20 times on other threads

4. bravo six

bravo six Contributing Member

lol :D

5. FR0497

FR0497 Member

Sarcasm meter broken. If its been brought up, lock it up.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. rawool

rawool Member

I think it hurts the Lakers, but just slightly. They're playing without a seasoned veteran, and it adds some pressure for the younger guards to fill in the void.

8. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It helps.

These guys play backup to Fisher for a reason. Sure, they are quicker, are shooting better and are not 86 years old but they also don't handle pressure as well, are not the team defenders Fisher is nor do they get the same respect (bias) from the officials.

Fisher is a little like Battier. His box score isn't great but he does other things. Having said that, he is still the worst starting PG of any playoff team but he still deserves to start over the YMCA ballers the Lakers have at PG.

9. rocksclo

rocksclo Member

IMO Fisher is a non-factor. and none of the two guards left could change the otucome of game 3. it's all about houston basketball. we need to come out and play our pace, and closes our game like we did in game 1. we are legit. game 2 was robbed by officials. there were lots bad calls against us, needless to say about ron and yao. they wanted LA to take game 2. let's just focus and get our game 3, 4 then move back to LA.

"It's about us winning, not 'em losin'." Rick

10. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

I agree that it helps. Fisher is an important piece to the Lakers and helped alot in Game 1 when he struggled with his shot and I didn't expect Fisher to be a non factor in the series.

11. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

I'm guessing you don't realize how truly bad Jordan Farmar is then. Laker fans hate him and think he's a ballhog loser who can't hit a shot to save his life. Shannon Brown is a good player though, but Farmar is pretty much a loser who doesn't even play defense ACCORDING to most Laker fans.

12. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

I think that it will either help them a little or help us a ton.
    I think if Brooks and Lowry take advantage of playing against the less talented Farmar and Brown, they can light the Lakers up. They also could not take advantage and Farmar and Brown will play a little better than Fish was (which won't be hard)

13. Bamushake

Bamushake Member

it doesn't matter unless Brown can't handle the pressure of starter