1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone know what happened to Royce White?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by greenteaman, Nov 3, 2012.

1. greenteaman

greenteaman Member

LOOOL!!!!

2. bad_jason

bad_jason Member

Dog ate homework, missed bus and it was a snow-day. #obamasfault #globalwarming

3. slickster

slickster Member

In the bathroom smearing rogaine on his beard.

1 person likes this.
  4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

got on the wrong bus and is presently driving around with JVG.

5. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Plot twist: He was actually a bus this whole time.

2 people like this.
  6. slickster

slickster Member

On the alex jones forum reading up on "Tupac is still alive" conspiracy threads.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You know what? They didn't even introduce him to the crowd at Toyota Center. They introduced Machado but not White. I don't think he was there.

8. slickster

slickster Member

Dumpster diving at WalMart for anti anxiety meds.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Jonathan Feigen‏@Jonathan_Feigen

Royce White inactive with migraine.

Jonathan Feigen‏@Jonathan_Feigen

Said it's new for him but had it last night, too

-And thats it. Not sure if this is legit enough to keep him at home, and catatonic or if this is a cover up. Cover up seems highly speculative, but its happened before with players like Terrence Williams when he was not in the rotation, and causing distractions because of his displeasure. As Im sure you will, feel free to let your imaginations run wild until Feigen or someone else expands further.

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Just send this guy to the dleague and play him only in home games. This is becoming a waste of time. Morey should be pimping this guy first in any trade talks.

11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I'm sympathetic to his disorder, but I didn't expect such a rocky start.

Watching White in summer league was promising. Can't say I'm not having serious doubt now. Hopefully things change for the better.

12. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Taking a dump with Samuel Dalembert

1 person likes this.
  13. kinein

kinein Member

He needs some Mary Jane.

1 person likes this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The migraine issue sounds like a phony excuse. His whole life needs to be about supporting his team and improving his game. He should have found his was to the Toyota center even if he was half dead.

I'm very sympathetic to his anxiety disorder, but missing a home game like this....something is up. Very concerned.

1 person likes this.
  15. AggieRocketFan96

Not that it matters much since none of the rooks are gonna see the floor anytime soon but at some point, the drafting of Royce White is going to be looked at as one of the few mistakes that DMorey has made. Terribly disappointing that this talented kid has issues that will preclude him from reaching his basketball potential. Obviously his health and mental wellness is the most important factor here, but with management knowing he had significant issues going into the draft it is a shame that we expended a first rounder on him.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

D-League doesn't start until November 23rd. Pretty sure all the rookies will get a decent amount of DLeague minutes when it starts. But you can't send a guy to a league that isn't playing yet.

17. Alex L.

Alex L. Contributing Member

ios6 map failed. Finding his way back from Alaska.

1 person likes this.
  18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah, Im usually the one giving a hard time to the knee jerkers, but Ive followed this team long enough in the past couple years to know when something is up.

I dont really have a problem with the Rockets going out of their way to help Royce along the way, but what I do have a problem with is Royce's attitude about making it in the NBA.

When he makes comments that literally say "I never planned on making it" what does that say about his whole stance on this experience? If Im in sales for a living and I say I never planned on hitting my quota, then you know what Im never going to do... make my quota to keep my job.

I really think that if Royce wants to make a case for mental awareness his gold mine of an opportunity is sitting right here waiting for him. He can use his success in the NBA to speak much more volumes then whatever else he plans on doing post basketball. If he somehow doesn't make the NBA, and the Rockets decline his option next year, there are alot of people in the world that will chuckle and say... I told you so. I just sincerely hope he understands this.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Great point. He has a lot of responsibility to the people he professes to want to help through making folks aware of his disorder. If he wants to be an inspiration, he'll give himself entirely to the team and the business of being a professional basketball player. It's hard to know if that's happening right now.

20. nono

nono Member

They might have been afraid he would get a panic attack during the introductions. First home game, huge crowd, pressure etc.