1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone know of a decent set of tv speakers for under $100?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Caboose, Nov 25, 2006.

1. Caboose

Caboose Member

i just bought an HDTV would like to know if there are any decent sets of tv speakers that cost under $100, preferably under $75. I don't want anything spectacular but as long is it sounds decent I'd be happy with it.

2. ndnguy85

ndnguy85 Contributing Member

wouldnt ur speakers inside ur tv sound better than the 75 dollar crap?

maybe i am wrong. i spend like 350 on my onkyo receiver and speakers

3. lpbman

lpbman Member

Do you have an audio receiver already?

4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Contributing Member

Klipsch promedia 2.1 would be a great choice. They are pretty cheap on ebay and you should be able to find them in your price range at the online stores.

5. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I had a guy in a van try to sell me some speakers last week. I was in the Home Depot parking lot in Webster. He said they were really good speakers and they weren't stolen or anything, at least that's what he said.

He was driving a white van.

6. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I bought some speakers from a guy in a white van like 15 years ago. They were these huge ass speakers that were going to be taken to some club, but he had "extras".

I gave him $100 and $50 in clothes that I had just bought from the mall. :eek:

Did some research on those speakers like months later and found out their was a scam where these people went to mall parking lots and sold cheap ass speakers. :eek:

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

look out for a white van in a grocery store parking lot.

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

LOLOL :D

My friend bought speakers from a guy in a van years ago in Austin. It's the same scam story everywhere. They're like extra speakers from a concert or something. There are websites dedicated to this scam all over the internets.

The funny thing is, the speakers aren't that bad. They're no where near top of the line. So if you bargain with the scammer, you wouldn't be so bad. They look nice and they work. They look a lot nicer than most speakers, but their quality is just not up to par.

9. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

haha they do look nice, i remember the guys in the white van tryin to convince me, how come they are always in a white van!!!

10. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Those white van scammers are hilarious! They have accosted me in parking lots, stoplights, gas stations, etc. It's always the same story: "We went on a delivery and were given too many speakers - please take these off our hands for some beer money". They will go on and on with you. The speakers are worth about 50 bucks and they try to get whatever they can out of you. I would never deal with these morons, they are full of crap.

Sounds like powered speakers are what the OP is looking for, assuming there is no receiver/integrated amp involved. The Klipsch promedia are OK assuming you have a small room. Or you can spend a little more and get some powered Monsoon Audio Speakers

If you have a large room, you won't find any decent powered speakers for 100 dollars unless you look used. You can also check out Guitar Center for some decent pro studio monitors on the cheap.