1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone have a theory on why we close out games better on the road than at home?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SuperMarioBro, Jan 24, 2008.

1. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

There's probably some stats to back this up (I would think), but I wouldn't know where to look for them. It's definitely an observation I've had, though, and probably all of us have. We have had strong 4th quarters on the road several times now this season, including one very similar to this earlier this year against the Bobcats. We also closed out teams like the Jazz and Suns pretty well, made some strong runs against the Spurs and Celtics, and probably more I can't remember.

Sure, there are some exceptions. We have had poor 4th's on the road, such as in Orlando, and a strong finishes at home, such as against Milwaukee. But for the most part, we seem to finish better on the road, and I don't understand it.

In fact, I could be wrong, but I don't think that we've had a single come-from-behind-in-the-4th-quarter game this season at home.

Being able to close out road games isn't such a bad problem to have... but it'd be nice if we brought it to the TC.

2. snc

snc Member

If anyone even mentions depth perception...

3. yaorta

yaorta Member

dude, i didn't notice that, thx for telling

4. GoRedRowdies

GoRedRowdies Member

tmac plays better on the road and it is proven...

and of course there is the depth perception factor

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

we've only had two come from behind 4th quarter wins all year..

They showed a stat on the Sonics broadcast that when the Rockets are behind going into the 4th quarter they were 1-15, so they were optimistic about a Seattle win.

Luckily we stepped it up this game. Hopefully we can get more consistent overall and never be behind going into the 4th :)

6. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

All because of Tmac: His road numbers are amazing.

7. FFz

FFz Member

qftt

j/k... I dont understand why u think we close out better on the road... this is just our 2nd win after trailing at the 4th. Its just luck. Some shots go in and some shots don't. In this case T-mac took over cause he doesn't have empty seats in the TC to loook at when he shoots.

8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

I don't know how you can deny that we've been finishing games better on the road...

9. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Because the so-called RedRowdies are overrated? :D