1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does anyone have a gut feeling...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets01, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If the NBA wants to make itself as interesting as the MLB and NFL where fanbases of more than three teams per year think they have a chance for a title, then they should want to see a Rockets Raptors finals. We should all want to see this. Great teams on both sides, the best teams of the regular season. Both sides have significant home grown talent that they’ve developed extensively. Both teams are deep and do not represent a situation of mercenary superstars meeting up just for a year or two a la the 1997 Marlins or 2011 Heat.

If the NBA wants fans to believe that you can build teams the right way, they should promote what happened last night going seven games in June.

Corrosion and da_juice like this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Rookie threads are always the best, most insightful!

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I've had the Raptors coming out of the East all season long.

I can see the Cavs knocking them out because you can't ever sleep on LeBron James but the Raptors, Warriors, and Rockets are clearly the class of the league. Of course TOR could be upset in the playoffs when everything changes because it always does in the playoffs. But it's hard to think of any team being as great as those 3, especially when you look at point differential.

1. Rockets (+8.7)
    2. Raptors (+8.6)
    3. Warriors (+8.1)

That's very close. But there's a big drop-off after those three teams:

4. Celtics (+4.4)
    5. Thunder (+3.0)
    6. Spurs (+2.8)

Cavs are +0.2. I'm not afeared of any team except GSW and TOR. And I think we can take any team in 7 games, though home court will be huge against GSW.

The disparity in the West is even more pronounced with GSW and HOU fully 11 games ahead of 8 other West teams fighting it out for 3-8... Two won't make the playoffs. None will knock out HOU or GSW.

Only East team that's in the upper echelon as we are is Toronto.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I agree.

The worry I have for the Raptors is the same one I have for the Rockets
    How will they deal with the inevitable change in the way the game is called.

Cavs and GSW and Thunder - They seem to get favorable calls all the time and more so in the playoffs
    I think the Celtics will as welll

Rockets and Raptors seem to get less favorable calls
    esp when they are calls they gotten all year

Rocket River

5. HtownTrill

HtownTrill Member

Currently I just have a Gut

HakeemOnlyFan and Os Trigonum like this.
  6. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

What happened to the Cavs I forgot?

7. rockets13champs

Lebron vs Rockets is a 7 gamer.
    Rockets vs raptors is anywhere between 5-7 gamer for me. Since we’ll have home court I think a series vs raptors only the Home team would win and first to win on road wins the series which favors the rockets

As good as we beat cavs, we all know Lebron will be a different player in the playoffs, let alone finals. He’s been averaging like 30/15/12 in the finals last 3 years- something crazy like that

8. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Can you all just chill the f out until the playoffs? Rockets are my team but they have to get past the Warriors.

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Cavs are no good, won't make the Finals

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I got a feeling...

11. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I don’t see the Cavs making it. Lebron folds when he knows he doesn’t have enough help. Once he hits adversity he’ll give up and the Cavs will lose. I’d be surprised to see otherwise.

12. alethios

alethios Member

13. riko

riko Member

Cavs look awful