1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

does anyone else want the magic to make the playoffs next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by smoothie, Jun 29, 2004.

Tags:
?

do you hate weissbrod more than you love our (former) guys?

1. i want to see our guys succeed in the east and make the playoffs

88 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. no way do i want weissass to look like this was all part of his plan

8 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

ok, i hate weissass too. but i still want to see our guys do well. all of those times we said if our team was in the east we would be so much better....well now they have their chance.

on the other hand, if they make the playoffs weisass will be hailed a hero for the way he managed this offseason. if you are the worst team in the league and your best player wants to up and leave, i would count that team out for a long time. to make the playoffs through all of that could get this A-hole GM of the year.

so what are you rooting for?

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I want them to succeed, assuming they retain at least a couple of the players in this trade, namely Steve and Cat. To be honest, I really don't care if Cato makes it to the playoffs or not.

3. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

oh... orlando is one of my favorite teams now. i will always look up their box scores and stuff.

so yes for me.

4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Yeah, absolutely I hope they do well. I was really mad at Francis when he balked at playing in Orlando, but now that the deals done, I'm over it. I wish him, Cat and Cato well in Orlando and I'll root for them in the East if they do make the playoffs.

5. Jebus

Jebus Contributing Member

I want them to make it. I'd bet that they probably will.

I think that Steve will have a renaissance in Orlando, and will revert to his pre-JVG form. People on the board will be upset and say we should have kept him, and I'll just say there's no way that would have happened here.

Hopefully this trade works out for both parties and Weisbrod gets fired anyway somehow.

6. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

well... actually let me retract that... if they keep cat and cato i'd be more likely to follow them. if it's just francis... then i guess i'd look up his stats occassionally but be rather neutral to the team. but still they should be an exciting team... Howard has K. Brown written all over it though!

7. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I hope they do. Im pulling for those ex-Rockets.

8. New Jack

New Jack Member

Not if it's going to make the Rockets look bad for making the trade.

They can do well, just as long as the Rockets do better.

9. TraJ

TraJ Member

As long as we do better, I want them to do well.

10. ymc

ymc Member

On paper they should make the playoff. :rolleyes:

Otherwise it will be a huge disappointment

11. Ying Yang

Ying Yang Member

No interest in Orlando whatsoever.

12. Toast

Toast Member

ALways root for players who were traded away and boo players who chased dollar signs via free agency.

Go Stevie, Cat & Cato. Go Magic!

13. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I have to root for those guys. Just like when lebron came into the leauge i would sit here and turn on Cavelier games at the bar cause everyone wanted to see lebron even though they Cavs suck and we are in houston.

I am going to have to put the Orlando games on this year just to see them play. We had them for so many years and saw them play that is just natural you want to keep up and see how they are doing.

Everyone is going to analyze the trade and all year long as who got the better end and who is doing better, so i am sure everyone is going to watch highlights and wish the ex-rockets players to do good.

Im sure we all did it with Hakeem too even though that pissed us all off cuase he went after money.

14. rockergordon

rockergordon Member

Something i've been thinking about....

The Magic might look like they got the better deal early on in the season...or the whole season. There division is so weak, Steve and Cat (if he stays) will probably have a lot of fun.

But long term, the Rockets will be the winners.