1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rocket: "All will be super happy on Thursday."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Jun 26, 2012.

1. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Awesome.

2. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

This thread makes me angry. I know he's a legend, but lately DR's been more wrong than right. Why not just post as a normal poster on the BBS instead of this "insider" who gets our hopes up for nothing?

3. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

PAUSE

4. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Couldn't the old fart have just said as much? Instead of all the riddles and attention whoring?

He'd be much more tolerable if he would have just said "guys this is what I'm hearing..."

instead of the "y=mx+ b dot thou follow? Refraction and reflection shall be thine destiny" bull****.

1 person likes this.
  5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Why did you get your hopes up? He merely hinted at what the Rockets were trying to do based on the information he had at the time. Knowing how generally unpredictable the draft is, things had to fall into place for the Rockets' plan to develop.

Anyone who took everything Doc said as Gospel truth would definitely happen, should take off their Pollyanna glasses and return to the real world.

I found it entertaining and informative as to their methods and manipulations and was intrigued as to what might happen, but I certainly wasn't counting on it.

6. Curly

Curly Member

Did anyone have 100% confidence that Charlotte was going to take MKG at #2 and screw us out of our shot at the #5? Did anyone think that Dallas/Portland were in bed together and screw up yet another possibility of taking a big man? All anyone can do is speculate, and take an educated guess at who we will get based on what’s available. When availability changes, so do our options. In my opinion, using all three of our picks was probably about our 4th or 5th contingency plan. There is absolutely no way we start the season with this roster. Lowry, Martin, and Scola have to be on the market and I think that Lowry and Martin are gone, with Scola possibly hanging around. All Doc does is relay information that he believes to be coming down the pipe at that given time. I missed the “…and you can take that to the bank” or “…and that is my stone cold lock” comments. Honestly I think it’s hilarious the way people are responding like Doc lied to you and kicked you in the giblets.

7. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

Then I say you are one of the few who only takes it as "entertainment." Look at the thread title again. Does that sounds like a hint to you, or more of a declaration? Other posters also post insider information, hint at things and offer their insights as to how the team will move, and I find those a lot more helpful than what DR does.

And he knows what he's doing. He knows that he's known as the resident inside and fortune teller, and he knows that his threads blow up to 50+ pages of people trying to decipher his unnecessarily cryptic messages.

Of course I wasn't naive enough to actually COUNT on his words coming true. I'm just annoyed that every time he posts, there's a big hoopla, and usually the big hoopla is for nothing.

1 person likes this.
  8. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Not super happy.....will be when football starts though.

Yesterday was pathetic.

9. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Oh, wow... smh at the stupidity of this statement. :(

10. Classic

Classic Member

11. Prince

Prince Member

i'm happy but not super happy. so i change my vote to 1 star.

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What about Bernard James?

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

To me it is entertaining that his threads blow up and folks try to decipher his messages and debate/salivate on what may be the best case scenario based on their interpretations.

Knowing what you know, why does the hoopla annoy you?

14. Possum

Possum Member

Actually the saying goes, if you are in your twenties and not a liberal you have no heart. If you are in your thirties and not a conservative you have no brain.

You started it!:p

15. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

It's Thursday again. Still not happy.

1 person likes this.
  16. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

uh.........................me 2.