1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Doc Rocket: "All will be super happy on Thursday."

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Jun 26, 2012.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Cryptic threads need to be started about how our decreased productivity is killing the economy!

1 person likes this.
  2. jacoby

jacoby Member

Anyone watch PTI? My buddy told me Bomani Jones (Sp?) Said that Dwight Howard and Deron Williams would sign in Houston long term.

3. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Watching it right now. Haven't said anything yet.

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Yeah he said that on Around the Horn.

5. jacoby

jacoby Member

Was it backed up with sources or was it just empty speculation?

6. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Was he just stating his opinion? Or was he stating as a matter of factly

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

The media...and I really think the NY media is really trying to propagate this rift between Dwight, Deron and the city of Houston and the Rockets. Once the trades go down and are complete, they themselves will say that a lot of this was BS...I am very sure that Deron, who was quoted saying was willing to go somewhere and take less if it meant winning. Howard Im sure feels a need for a change in scenery.
    I am very sure that when all this dust settles...the Rockets get their pieces and the negativity can be surely placed right on the media members from the NY area, LA media, and Dallas media...media has made Howard into a really bad person...(surely he has some merit in the actions that he pulled on his coach, but he didnt believe they could win anytime soon and had no faith in his mgmt putting him in a place to win a title)

The reason for Dwight not coming to Houston before the last minute trade deal was b/c he felt that Houston was in the exact same boat, if he came over, hence why he signed the extension. most members of the media get the info given to them by NBA reps on a given team...and they are responsible for sending out clouds of doubt among the entire NBA community...its marketing and PR 101...any press is good press..and the Rockets mgmt/pr staff have done a great job...sending shockwaves thru the NBA before draft night...

Bottom line, I really think the Rockets will get their guys...one way or another...and the rest of the nation will keep hating

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah didn't see it.

Interesting though.

I wonder if getting Dwight is dependent on also getting Williams? Is there a way to keep Dwight even without Williams?

Don't understand why the two would NOT want to play here. It's clear this organization is about winning (unlike say...the Nets...) especially Deron. Not like Houston is a world away from Dallas.

9. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Details fool!

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Edit: @Clutchfans: .@Chris_Broussard on Rockets' plan: "I'll say this -- if they *could* get Dwight & Deron, there's a good chance both would stay long term."

Clutch tweeted the something similar this morning from Chris Broussard--that both would likely re-sign long term here(or something like that).

11. jacoby

jacoby Member

lol I don't have details. My friend told me. It's why I'm asking if anyone else saw. He told me he was just speculating, though. :(

12. Scarface281

I don't remember if it was just his opinion and I cant rewind it because i changed the channel :(. Tony Reali (sp), was saying Houston is interested in Deron when he was reading the question.

13. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Goran Dragic:“@quiquevich: Zas, en toda la boca me ha dado Ramos :)” haha Q everything is possible :)

Anyone know what he said?

14. 713

713 Member

chandler parons is a cutie pie

15. Scarface281

On ESPN Dallas yesterday, they started playing sad music and talking about how Houston would be better because he is in his home state at least, Dallas is a 45 minute flight, his friends won't show up at his house asking for tickets, etc.

16. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

My mouth is full of Ramen

17. cod

cod Member

18. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Replays on ESPNNEWS at 5, lol, I just DVR'd it.

19. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

They're about to talk about the Rockets again.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Wilbon just said

"Dwight Howard, Deron Williams. They're going after it, good for Houston."

Good to know there is someone not rooting against it at least.