1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you trust Ken Giles?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by what, May 16, 2017.

1. Nigel Thornberry

We need to sign one more starter and make McCullers our closer. He’s injury prone and proved he’s absolute nails out of the bullpen

2. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Giles does not have a closers mentality. He is ok in the regular season for the most part but the playoffs are too much for him. He was peeing down his leg. It was embarrassing.

Nigel Thornberry likes this.
  3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

All one great bullpen appearance proves is that he had one great bullpen appearance. (he also had a reasonably good one against Boston)

Also, I don't follow the "move him to closer because he's injury prone" logic. (not picking on you because many people say this) As a starter, pitchers have a routine that they use and tend to pitch 30-35 games per year. As a reliever, pitchers generally have a defined role, but don't have any idea before a game if they will pitch or not. They may get up to warm up and never be used. While they will pitch significantly less innings, they will pitch significantly more games. It is not a given that injury prone pitchers will become effective closers.

4. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

He didn't have the eye of the tiger. That much is certain.

I wouldn't say he's done, though. It was a learning experience. If he uses what he learned right, then he can be a better pitcher from it. Or, he can let it define him.

5. Nigel Thornberry

Never once said it “was a given” it was just a thought. I like that idea better than Ken Giles any day

6. bobrek

You did say he "proved" he was nails out of the bullpen which is what I replied to. Nothing's a given.

7. Nigel Thornberry

Dude what you’re saying is such the obvious. Nothing is a given. Verlander could be garbage next year, keuchel might actually stay healthy. Saying nothing is a given is just like saying anything can happen.

Yeah duh fool. I’m just saying try it out. He could be an amazing closer, he could be terrible, he could be hurt all year we don’t know. All I said was he was nails in the playoffs, if you think I’m wrong then watch the highlights again. Rant over

8. Nigel Thornberry

Lmao

9. bobrek

Where did I say you were wrong? All I said was that one great bullpen appearance does not prove anything other than he had one great bullpen appearance (and one pretty good one as well).

First, the Astros would have to convince and sell McCullers on the idea of being a closer. At this point in his career he said he is not interested. The Astros would also have to convince themselves that moving McCullers to the bullpen would strengthen their team. While it may strengthen the bullpen, it would also weaken their rotation.

10. Nigel Thornberry

[​IMG]

11. bobrek

Seriously? My post is 'trash'? Let's examine my post:

I agreed with you that McCullers was great in his one relief outing and pretty good in his other.
    I pointed out the fact that McCullers is not interested at this point in his career of being a reliever.
    I pointed out that the Astros would have to convince him it is best for him and the team.
    I pointed out the Astros would have to convince themselves that it is in the best interest of their team to move him.

Which of my statements is trash?

12. Nigel Thornberry

[​IMG]

13. bobrek

Not at all...

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Do you even know what a royalty is, you dummy? Because at no point, ever, did I ask anyone to give me money for my work. Not once. Show us; show the post where I asked to be paid for my content. Go ahead, dildo - you opened your fat mouth, back it up, you lying coward.

Show the post where I asked someone to pay me. Show the tweet where I asked someone to pay me.

Lying coward.

Jesus H. Christ. Again?...

"But before moving on, SchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaub........."

And you called me boring?...

15. texian

texian Member

Still no.

16. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

there bob goes again, talking to himself at length

17. PhiSlammaJamma

18. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

No, I still don't trust Ken Giles. There will be plenty of options come playoff time if Giles doesn't improve.

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

:eek:

LOL.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...n-the-hall-of-fame.258686/page-2#post-9256132

SchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaub

SchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaubScaubSchaubSchaub

o_O:rolleyes: