1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Morey should be fired?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Apr 19, 2012.

?

Should Morey be fired

1. Yes

364 vote(s)
    30.7%
  2. No

821 vote(s)
    69.3%
  1. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Who are all these high reward players that Morey has passed up on?

2. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

I'm just about sick of the whole Moreyball concept. While it's a great idea, it hasn't produced any playoff victories. In the end, its about wins and we're not getting it. Time for a change Les.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Marshon Brooks, Kenneth Faried, Iman Shumpert.......

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Remember 2009?

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Ron Artest was a Moreyball move, and huge reason we made it to the 2nd round after losing Tmac.

Along with Scola, Brooks, Landry, Deke, and all the other guys who contributed to that run.

Not Morey's fault Yao threw craps and Stern shat on our blockbuster trade.

6. Nook

Nook Member

What is your obsession with DMo? He doesn't make or break Morey's legacy.. the guy is a late 1st round draft pick that we find interesting, no more... it isnt like we have a lot invested in him.... most players where DMo was picked are bench players or flame outs.

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Morey has had a few hiccups in the draft by not getting us some size in the paint for the past 3 or so seasons, but nothing worth firing him over.

8. Nook

Nook Member

A gunner that doesn't defend or play well with others, an energy guy and a talented guard that doesn't defend or shoot well?

All nice players, but nothing great... honestly would take Parsons over all of them.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No obsession with D-Mo. Just the fact that his turnout will determine a lot about Morey's future. If he is as good as they are saying he is overseas, with the record breaking and all, then it will be seen as a 2 for 3 success for the 2011 draft. Something like that would go well for Morey.

10. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Anyone who wants morey fired is crazy. Les made too much money off of Yao and would never ok a trade with him. Morey tried to build the best team he could around Yao and if healthy, would have been pretty good. The guys draft record is pretty incredible and he tries constantly to trade for a star. People are going to regret wanting him to leave when he finally does.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I wasn't saying pick them over Parsons. They were all picked in the range of Motiejunas. We could have had one of them at 14 and another at 20 and Parsons.

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

That's one draft where the player he took over them hasn't even played yet. Further, he still got Parsons and DMo out of that draft. To fault Morey for not taking one of those guys when we haven't even seen what his first two picks can do is premature to say the least.

13. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Definitely not. I feel like we can attribute a lot of success to Morey. The dude is ballsy, and he is not complacent with being just ok. He makes moves, gets steals. A majority of the deals we've made have turned out alright. Granted, we haven't picked up a superstar, but I think we should wait. If anyone should get fire for this year, it should be Les. I'm all for having new ownership.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No, no. I'm all for keeping Morey. I was just stating a fact. Motiejunas will determine a lot. Though we wouldn't be in this situation if other choices were made. Nobody here saw Marcus Morris coming in the draft. Now, i can see him going somewhere else.:rolleyes:

15. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

2011:
    took Morris, Motiejunas, Parsons (#14, #20, #38)
    "missed on" - Leonard, Vucevic, Shumbert, Faried, Brooks

2010:
    took - Patterson
    "missed on" - Bledsoe, ? -->Poor draft class

2009:
    took - (Sac received HOU 1st rd), Taylor, Lull, Budinger
    "missed on" - DeJuan Blair, Marcus Thornton, Jonas Jerebeko

2008:
    took - Donte Green, Dorsey, Leunen
    "missed on" - Batum, DeAndre Jordan, Dragic
    -->(YIKES)

2007:
    took - Brooks, Landry, Newley
    "missed on" - Marc Gasol, Affalo, Glen Davis, Fesenko

Personally, all in all, I can't say Morey has done a bad job in his drafts, 2008 aside. He missed gems that 28 other GMs missed as well. Patterson has been underwhelming, but a contributor, and Morey tried hard to get Cousins (and possibly Monroe).

The "upside" guys he didn't take have largely been busts like Whiteside, so I don't think that's worth faulting him for. If anything, 2008 was the year he tried to roll the dice on boom-or-bust types and the results were horrible. I pulled my hair out that night.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He almost pulled off a major trade that would have netted us a real center and we would have kept Lin. Once the rug gets pulled out from under a trade that big it's pretty much impossible to shuffle the pieces and make another big move.

A few weeks ago we were headed for at least the 6th seed -- the failure of this season rests on the shoulders of the coach.

17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

:rolleyes:

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Next summer (2013), the NBA landscape will complete change, as the most punitive measures of the luxury tax take effect. This will create a new order, one in which Morey will be able to rule the roost with his skills. In effect, there will be a hard cap, which Morey said he welcomed right before getting hit with the 100K fine. Letting him go before then would be a big mistake. The old way of tanking your way into getting a superstar player will not necessarily be the path to success under the new order. Value contracts and salary cap flexibility will be at a premium.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who hired that coach?

DD

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Morey will hit homeruns in this years draft.