1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Game 2 was called fairly?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dei, Apr 24, 2007.

1. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

2. Dei

Dei Member

Kids,

Don't grow up like this.

--------------------------------------------------------

Houston had a lot of uncalled fouls in the third and fourth that killed a lot of the Jazz runs.

On the other side, there was a charge by T-mac on Fisher somewhere in the third or the fourth that was called on Fisher. That was one BS call, IMO. Tracy clearly used his shoulder on Fisher; and you could see it by the way Fisher's 6'1" frame bounced.

The Battier foul was called bacause Deron got the worst of it ala Dwyane Wade when he injured his shoulder. Jazz fans think that it should've been a flagrant. No. Deron just got the worst of the collision. Batt-man was doing what he does - hustle. Its not his responsibility to be lax because he's watching out for other players' safety.

Writing about NBA officiating is like drinking aged wine.

3. Dei

Dei Member

Comeon. Fight their stances. Lets not poison the well, shall we?

4. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Consistency.

They like to point out that several times their players went to the basket and didnt get the calls. Well, thats fine and good, but there were several times that the Rockets also went to teh hoop and were fouled but no call was made. Even a couple times on Yao and T-Mac.

The trouble I think they have is the consistency. Even Worrell said during the telecast that there was a hard foul not called on one end, then they called some ticky-tack-30ft-from-the-basket foul that had no bearing on the play 5 seconds later. Of course, there was the "What's good for the Milsap should be good enough for the Yao" factor(in the first quarter, identical contact made where foul was made in favor of Milsap and no-call was made for Yao).

I have no problems with the refs as long as its consistent. There were bad calls and no-calls on both sides. The problem any NBA fan would have is the level of inconsistency, which as I said is the only problem I had.

5. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

What I am saying is, if the Jazz fans can't even tell that the call on shane was BS, how can they make fair judgements on officiating.

6. Dei

Dei Member

Heh. Funny. Its what Stern said about the composite ball. Its consistently bad.

7. Dei

Dei Member

Just because they're wrong on one point doesn't make all their points wrong.

8. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

Their opinion on that call shows that they are biased, and derived the ref job theory largely from the stats rather than the actual play.

9. steefrancis

steefrancis Member

this is all an attempt for sloan and his number one fouling team in the nba to get more calls when they come home........nothing bout the fouls being bad just that if they complain most likely they will get more fouls next game. And dont forget we were playing at home and the home team in the playoffs almost always gets the calls..

10. Dei

Dei Member

Well, even if they are biased, not all of their stances are necessarilly wrong. The fact that they're talking about the Battier hammer on Deron just means that they watched the game.

11. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

any time there is a 20 FT difference in a game, the team on the short end of the stick is going to complain. i would if i was them.

12. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

How many times during the season did the Rockets have a 15-20 FT differential when they shot jumpers and the other team attacked the basket??

13. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

I intercepted an email between the Jazz and the NBA league office.

#33 weslinder, Apr 24, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2007
  14. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

for those of you who think you are among the elite NBA fans, you have to come away from watching game two with this conclusion: the rockets got the game called their way. the refs might as well have been wearing rockets uniforms.

i get sick of reading posts from other rockets fans who can't be objective. yeah... root for the rockets!! ALWAYS.

but you're a F*CKING r****d if you can't honestly look at that game and admit that the jazz kinda got hosed.

those same fans of other teams that we like to poke fun at for being narrow minded or stupid or homers? yeah that's you if you can't admit the refs called a rockets game from tip off until the buzzer sounded.

all in all it was a physical game, but the refs have been very kind to the rockets thus far. if the game was called a tad bit more even, it could've easily been a utah victory.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It looked like Utah had the greater ref advantage during the 1st half. Their players liked it physical and some didn't hesitate to flop. I couldn't even count how many times the Jazz weren't called for handchecking or reaching in. It seemed to me that the Jazz looked to the refs when other Rockets started matching their intensity. They can't take what they dish apparently...

It'll be an interesting series when we goto Utah. They're constantly forcing the refs to call the game. We'll see if home court allows the Jazz to indiscriminately foul...

16. fredthered

fredthered Member

Lol...how low would 6'8" Tmac have to get to put his shoulder into 6'1" Fisher's chest? Looks like his back problems are gone!

17. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

I'm not going to be an objective Rockets fan especially in the play-offs.

So you'd prefer the Rockets down 0-2 heading to SLC?

The Rockets have been dudded by the refs in the play-offs on numerous occasions, so I'm enjoying this.

Besides questionable officiating is here to stay.

JVG pointed it out in 2005 and he was nearly booted out from the league.

18. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

are yall serious? we did NOT attack the basket much at all. all the fouls being called on us were from jump shooting 30 ft away from the basket. the Jazz were the ones attacking the basket all night. sloan makes them attack. i think we defintely got the better end of the officiating.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

there were a lot of calls not being made both ways, that being said i think we got a little bit more of the calls our way, but the jazz do get call for the most amount of fouls per game during the season. two it could have been worse, harpring and fisher were hand checking tmac every play on the outside, but a lot was let go.

the thing that really annoyed me about the officiating and this was the case in games 1 and 2 was the way they called them. like the first qtr the team fouls on the rockets piled up while there was like 1 all qtr on the jazz, the next qtr all the fouls were on the jazz and 1 on the rockets and so on. it was like they were taking turns per qtr on calling the fouls

20. redcapital

redcapital Contributing Member

refs are human beings, they make mistakes inevitably, whether intentionla or not, we have no way to find out.

refs did some horrible things to us a couple of years ago, we think Mavs advanced because of that, nonetheless, ppl nowadays say Mavs won coz they were the better team, not because they had a helping hand from the refs.

so, let them whine, let's just focus on our own problems :rolleyes: