1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you still watch full games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jan 2, 2017.

?

Do you watch full games anymore?

1. Yes whenever I can

76.2%
  2. yes but only sometimes

15.5%
  3. No, but watch stretches at times

3.9%
  4. No, only highlights

2.2%
  5. I abstain, courteously

2.2%
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Friend of mine and I were discussing this. His position was that he never watches full game, or even big chunks of games, because he can just pick up feedback on social media and then look at quick clips.

I figured clutchfans is a pretty niche audience that is more likely to watch games than the general audience, so wanted to test this here.

2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

I watched every single game two years ago, got burnt out on the suckiness last year and now catch games whenever I can. I used to make it a priority over most things to catch them, now I just try to remind myself theres a game on that night and even now, I dont pay full attention to them. I dont know why.

Handles, rockets13champs and cheke64 like this.
  3. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

Your friend is not on Clutchfans is he?

Die Hards from 90s or before don't miss the FULL game.

Voltik and dragonwill like this.
  4. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Absolutely . Even if we are getting blown out / blowing another team out as it gives me a chance to watch some garbage time and see players that don't normally play .

Watching the games is like reading a book , and the more you watch the more you understand the game .

Anything can happen at any time . I could see development from a young player , I could see veterans clicking together for a run , and of course I could see a highlight play .

Of course the more one watches the more invested you feel in the team's success . It makes the wins feel bigger and the losses feel worse . I don't understand how some people can box-score watch or only watch clips and then root as hard as a fan who watches the whole game .

Take 14-15 for example , a lot of posters on here watched during the regular season and that made our postseason run feel that much more spirited.

5. weakfromtoday

weakfromtoday Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Always.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

People who don't watch full games should not comment on games.

If you are only watching highlights, how can you identify mistakes that should be corrected during the other stretches of the game? You are LITERALLY only seeing the positive aspects of the game....

Your friend explicitly told you that he prefers to regurgitate narratives and talking points rather than form his own opinion

7. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

This guy gets it!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I watch damn near every game and now that I'm streaming LP, I can watch the opposing team's feed after the game's over if I want. If it's a particularly good one, I'll watch the home broadcast more than once. I wish they'd keep the games up much longer, though. You only have access to them until about the middle of the next day. Maybe they're "one file," so to speak, so you can watch them much later (like I can watch games on ESPN, TNT, and NBAtv recorded on my DVR's), but if so, I haven't figured it out. On very rare occasions, like when I'm traveling and can't access the LP feed, I might miss a game. As has been mentioned, the LP online feed can get "stuck" and that sucks. I get it going again, but it's a pain. Later in the evening, they have home and away feeds to watch without commercials, and what they call something like a "compressed" game. That can be fun if you're pressed for time, or are about to pass out. I have the single team package for $119 for the season, with the Rocks, naturally.

Fixin' to watch tonight's game right now!

#8 Deckard, Jan 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    napalm06, T for 3 and DonKnock like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i am offended and will not vote... of course i look full games and not only when i can, but always

pls add this option to poll

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  10. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

my eyes got watery...

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Hell!! I watch full games 2-4 times sometimes. I still watch Game 6 vs LAC. Almost any hardwood classic.
    But then again I just love (Houston Rocket) basketball.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I watch whenever possible. Last year seriously killed my enthusiasm of the team, what a load of crap that was.

This season is making me love watching the rockets again

RedDragon01 likes this.
  13. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Something tells me I'm not going to be watching all of this one....

kubli9 and DudeWah like this.
  14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Almost every game all the way through.

It's like the length of a movie. Why wouldn't you?

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't always have time to watch, but when I do, I do full games.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Games are almost always between 3am and 5am for me. We've been playing most of our games at home or against Western opponents. It's killing me, but have been watching more than last few seasons - I think I've watched all but 1 or 2 games live. Mostly because the team is a lot of fun and I feel we have the 3 key pieces (star, gm, coach) to win it all in the near future.

I've always wondered what on earth it means to follow a basketball team but not watch all the basketball. Doesn't make sense to me.

17. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Do you still watch games , Fool?

DreamShook likes this.
  18. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I watch every game, rare for me to miss a game.

DreamShook likes this.
  19. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

I use to watch as much as basketball as possible, now I only catch Rockets' game whenever I can.

DreamShook likes this.
  20. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Guilty of being on phone when games is on.