1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you still trade Capela?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Jul 1, 2019.

?

Do you still trade Capela?

1. Yes, for an impactful player coming back.

42 vote(s)
    40.4%
  2. Yes, for a pick and sign a forward and big.

12 vote(s)
    11.5%
  3. No, he's important to us.

29 vote(s)
    27.9%
  4. No, he's too good and our roster is fine as is.

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  5. Maybe, but it won't happen

10 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. JW86

JW86 Member

Look people, the sky is not falling and this was to be expected, i.e. scraping at the bottom of the barrel with some veteran minimum contracts which we will hear about in the next couple of weeks. Don't expect those to be anywhere near rotation type of guys, rather the type of MCW who need to "outplay their contract".

This being said and look at the roster as of today, do you still trade Capela? Right now we have:
    CP3, Harden, EGO and Green as your guards, House and Tucker as your forwards, Capela and Hartenstein as your bigs. Rivers might come back, but do we really need more guards / wings? I personally don't think so and our need is at the 3/4 spot.

I very much believe we cannot roll out this group again simply because we are undersized at the 3/4 spot and have very little shooting off the bench. EGO back to the bench with a serious rebounding big at C and a tall athletic 3/4 who can space the court at the forward would be ideal. Looney is still in play and there are some forwards out there like Marcus Morris / JaMychal Green that I definitely would love to sign with the cap space that a trade of Capela for a 1st round pick would bring us.

If you think Capela should be traded, who's out there who still need his services is the question? If you don't think he should be traded, how do you feel about our bench depth and forward / big situation?

Serious question and it's not an emotional reaction at all, I'm cool with what has transpired aside from Morey not going after some forwards already as a Carroll, Aminu, Ed Davis or someone similar could've been had.

2. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Absolutely trade him.

He seems soft so I doubt he recovers well from being shopped all summer.
    He is soft come playoff time like we saw

tc0330 and BigShasta like this.
  3. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

This could turn out like the great non-trade of Robert Horry. Clint is a hard worker and he has not peaked.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The last time we had people in trade rumors like this it was Asik and Ryno.

We all know how much “effort” they put in

Can’t for the life of my udnerstand why they don’t think about this **** before leaking

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

teach him how to shoot jump shots

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

And who is trading for Capela (besides the Celtics)?

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Probably not, i mean, at this point only Boston might be interested, and even if they are, they might very welll just sign Cauley-Stein or Looney and keep all of their assets, Ainge is probably going to lowball Morey anyway at this point, if i have to move Clint and get Brown or the Memphis pick with pieces like Smart, Robert Williams well, that's still something worth exploring imo, but if Ainge is offering like Smart and Boston 1st rounder i'd say no.

Same for a Love scenario, i don't think swapping Clint and Eric for him and Looney or McGee makes us better unfortunately.

8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

He's only 25 and has improved every season. He's good for 12.7 rebounds and 16.6 points a game. With how some here disparage him, you'd think he was Kelvin Cato.

D-rock and clutchdabear like this.
  9. rocketsmetalspd

Yes for being young and in the league for 4 years I believe, he still is not in shape to play a lot of minutes. He gets tired and by the 4th quarter he is a liability on both ends of the court. He also get pushed around to easy by smaller Cs.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nope. Makes no sense to unless you’re bringing in at min a all star caliber player. Which doesn’t look like Is happening

It’s already been mentioned that morey wouldn’t move him if they didn’t get butler

kjayp likes this.
  11. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

yes..just make sure we get Looney/WCS/other as starter

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. foggy94

foggy94 Member

I don't really know what Capela trade is out there now. Boston has used up most of it's cap room - as has everyone else. We would need to salary match, so if we're hoping for Jaylen Brown, Boston would also have to give up Marcus Smart too - which makes an unlikely scenario even more unlikely.

saleem likes this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yep, it is another pipe dream on the BBS for some fans. I never thought Angie would do this.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yes. Honestly he’s a Harden security blanket that makes him hog the ball.

End that garbage

15. macan

macan Member

but what can we get from trading him now..every star player has found a home.

16. JW86

JW86 Member

A draft pick, cap space to sign a good FA or even two.

macan likes this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

It depends on a number of factors.

The short answer is maybe.

Deuce, Matt78777 and NIKEstrad like this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

let him go play like a kindergarten girl for some other team

19. smp

smp Member

I’m sure he’s not happy. EG too. It might not be long before they are both demanding to be traded.

If my employer did that to me, I’d be looking for another job right now.

20. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

Agreed, at minimum I think it depends on:

1) who can you get to replace him? Can you convince Kevon Looney, Javale McGee to sign for very cheap? If so...
    2) Who can you get for him? If you can get another wing, one with size and maybe even some playmaking, it's very tempting.

I know people are talking about how switching won't be as important and small ball may be coming to an end with Warriors reign at the top, but I still think it makes sense for Rockets to lean into small ball, and to be able to throw out waves of wings. You can't play that way over 82 games because players get run down, but you can play it over the course of the playoffs. At that point Rockets are better served with PJ Tucker or other forwards like him sliding down to center than trying to play with a Frank Kaminsky type.

Deuce and Nook like this.
  21. Reeko

Reeko Member

I wouldn’t mind trading him for a player of his caliber, but at the wing position, and then going with a discount option @ C...I don’t want to trade him just because tho, he’s still pretty good against most teams in this league

the NBA isn’t just about GS anymore

Sean Dr34ms, Denovo and YOLO like this.