1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you remember those Miami Heat teams?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jevjnd, Nov 3, 2002.

1. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

You know the ones that were real boring to watch and played horrible but got Ws none the less. What if this edition of the Rockets turned out like that would you guys be satisfied? What percentage of you would pay to see this? Ugly wins but wins none the less. And before you say that we have two proven scorers and that that is the difference keep in mind that Zo and Tim Hardaway were not bad at all on offense but the teams offense still sucked.

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I enjoy watching Francis, regardless of how the offense plays. So, if they can win, then I will be even more satisfied.

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

Miami got wins, but they didnt do much in the playoffs. So I think you have to take that for what its worth.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

They never made it to the finals but they did make it to the conference finals one year and lost to M J and the Bulls.

5. codell

codell Contributing Member

They also lost more than once in the first round despite being a top seed.

I think that team could have done more though with the talent that they had. Especially after Jordan retired. They never could beat the Knicks though. I remember Mourning getting suspended for the final game of a playoff series (his team lost) one of those years.

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

True.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Wins are wins. I'd take the playoffs, but I have a feeling that the Rockets will start looking better and more exciting soon.

8. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

The differences is that Miami team played defense to win.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We third in the league in opponent field goal percentage behind only SA and the Wizards. How do you like that defense.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The reason they did horribly in the playoffs was because they grinded it out game by game, working on timely and excecuted plays throughout the whole regular season until the day came when the players dropped out one-by-one, like flies, by injuries from overworking their bodies.
    (The run-on was intended for effect. :D)

Not only is it ugly bball for the fans, it's not championship caliber basketball either...

11. MONON

MONON Member

The only thing I don't like about this team is Cat & Steve playing 45 to 48 minutes a game. I don't care how young you are, after 82 games, your legs are gonna wear down. I'd like for them to have something left for the playoffs. With this team, they shouldn't be playing more than 40 minutes.

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

yesterday's game was exciting as it gets for atleast 75% of it and i think we'll only get better with more playing time. the only times i really yelled at the tv were when mooch dribbled the damn ball for 15 seconds. anyways rockets games are always exciting for me so as long as we win it's all good.

13. Sane

Sane Member

This is exactly why I think Riley is the perfect fit for Rockets coach. When you have Francis, Mobley, MoT, and Ming, they WILL score, regardless of offense, defense, those guys are scorers. Zo was never the scorer any of these guys are. Zo improved over the years, but he's not a natural scorer/shooter.

Now, install Riley's "onle defese is important" system onto this team ,and we lack nothing. Francis and Mobley will mature much faster, and we'd definitely be championship calibre.

14. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

After 3 games.