1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you love Texans more than Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by houston#1, Aug 18, 2013.

?

Texans or Rockets?

1. Texans

21.0%
  2. Rockets

79.0%
  1. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

If I had to choose one, I will still have to go with Rockets...but that's a tough answer. Texans is really fun to watch and made me become diehard Texans fan.

2. SSP365

SSP365 Member

texans fun to watch?

umm not really.

In case you havent noticed, we went though the atrocious david carr dom capers era and now we are currently suffering through the glorified back up qb era of kubiak/schaub.

The conservative, risk averse nature run heavy era of kubiak/schaub makes for excruciatingly painful viewing of this mediocre era.

If i had to choose between the two, its Rockets all day. They are the ones with the championships, legendary players and consistent playoff appearances.

3. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

It's clutch city...

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Screw the expansion team.

I'm for the team with 40 plus years of tradition

5. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

go ask this question on a texan forum

6. jocar

jocar Member

voted Texans cuz I didn't know we were talking about the sports teams

7. Buck Turgidson

Lulz

Texans will always be the most popular team, not even close to a question; the #2 spot will change between the Stros and Rockets depending on who's more successful/competitive, Houston's a frontrunning town.

8. Brutaldiego88

Brutaldiego88 Member

Texans have two good season and bandwagon fans pop up from everywhere in Houston. Rockets hands down.

9. BarreKellyJr

BarreKellyJr Member

Love them both, I refuse to choose.

1 person likes this.
  10. SSP365

SSP365 Member

how many times have the rockets made the playoffs in comparison to the texans?

texans have a built in advantage due to the fact that american football is king in texas and the texans are still relatively new so to speak and houston was deprived of an nfl team for some years.

almost all towns are front running towns. you win you are popular. you lose you wont have fans unless you're the cubs or warriors.

11. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

ASTROS obviously...

12. Raw Texas

Raw Texas Member

Hell no, my list goes ROCKETS!!! Astros, then Texans. That said I do watch every texans game and know more and care more about them than these recent bandwagon fans, but I don't really care for football. It's Basketball and baseball for me.

13. conquistador#11

f the rockets! they aint from houston! my heart left them when they moved from san diego! damn expansion teams

=/!

14. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Bud Adams forced my hand so I'll for ever be a Rockets ONLY fan...(maybe a Stros fan)

15. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Damn it! I accidentally pressed Texans on my iPhone!

I love my Texans, but Rockets hold a special place in my heart.

16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

17. luckytxn

luckytxn Member

Rockets gave the city Championships.

18. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

I'm not voting. Like asking meto choose between my kids! I love them both!

2 people like this.
  19. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I'm on a rockets fan forum. I would be surprised if the Texans won...

20. htownb4lla

htownb4lla Member

Yes, this is my first post, however I've been reading clutch fans for years (in fact back when you had to be a paid member).

Fault them all you want for the David Carr/Dom Capers era, thats fine. We really had not other choice. Who else would you of picked in that draft? The expansion rules have changed almost every time a new team is awarded. It's a lot harder now to build a brand new franchise than it ever was in the past.

This so called "Backup QB era" has taken the Texans to the best seasons they have ever had. That coach has taken us to our only two post seasons. Takes care of his players, and has a proven track record of running legit/elite NFL Offenses. Baring a run on linebacker injuries(cushing completely changes our d), I truly think we would of been in the super bowl and not the ravens.

When you have one of the best running backs in the league, you should rely on him. When you have one of the best running back 1-2 combos in the league, you should rely on them. It's the smartest approach.

Is Schaub the best QB in the league? Absolutely not. He's a good game manager, with a lack of mobility, mediocre arm strength and above average accuracy. Didn't Trent Dilfer win a super bowl?

You might be suffering, but its definitely not "WE" are not suffering by any means.

I voted Texans because they came into existence while I was here in Houston so I have a little more affinity to them than the Rockets. I grew up watching magic and kareem so the rockets had to grow on me. They have had some legendary players, but have been around a lot longer than the Texans. Andre Johnson will end up the first Texan in the hall of fame. J.J. Watt just put together the greatest defensive season in the history of the league, and barring injury will be in the Hall of fame as well once he retires.

BTW Im curious of your definition of "consistent playoff appearances", because the Rockets have only had winning seasons close to 60% of the time. No matter how much I love them, thats not really "consistent"