1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you guys still get mail every day?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jeremiah, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Contributing Member

I used to think that there were days I wouldn't get mail, but since I started up with Netflix, there are days that I will put the movie in my mailbox in the morning and it will still be there the next day, with the little flag up. And there are certain days that I will get a huge stack of bills, like the companies synchronized sending them.

Is this happening to anyone else? Or do I just have a slacker mailman?

2. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

might be this

3. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Does this by any chance happen on Sundays?

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Weird shhhh-tuff... :eek:

We get junk mail. Most of it is credit card offers and GEICO wanting me to save a bunch of money on my car insurance. Freakin' Gecko, I hate his little green *ss.

My family gets the local school district junk mail even though we don't have our kids in there... I also get the other school district's junk mail even though I am not zoned to that district but the city name is from that district... but--this is the killer--the district where our kids go doesn't send us schiett :confused: .

#4 SwoLy-D, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You have a little flag? Dang, I'm jealous! I wish I still had a little flag on my mailbox. For over a decade, I've had to unlock a mailbox that's grouped with a bunch of other mailboxes. At least ours has a roof over it, with most neighborhood mailboxes being out in the weather. Heck, my Mom still has the slot in her door for mail. Good times!

6. Jeremiah

Hell ye-ah she does.

7. SwoLy-D

:eek: I would have given up after a day, but you, sir, are persistent.
    :( at you enjoying your mom's slot. :(

8. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA SOOOOOOO FUNNY

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Geez, both of you guys have an incredibly low sense of humor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My mailman won't pick up my mail. I have to find an outgoing box.

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

USPS sucks! I do get mail everyday though but USPS still sucks. So does UPS. FedEx FTW!

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Obligatory Seinfeld reference:

[​IMG]

"Theres no way I can do 8 bags in addition to my usual load of 1."

13. SwoLy-D

[​IMG]

:D

14. Jeremiah

I'm trying to see if there's a trend here; I really think that with email and the price of gas, USPS needs some MAJOR restructuring. I don't need six days of mail, and I certainly don't need all of the junk mail, even if they say it pays their salaries. They also need to stop paying these counter clerks at the post office like they are doing something complicated, and they need to move out of these monolithic granite buildings they own all over the country.

15. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

You know I only check my mail once a week if that, as I pay my bills online...I get more junk mail than regular mail which sux

16. SwoLy-D

Wow. You're onto something good, Mr. Jeremiah, sir. :eek:

I agree wholeheartedly. I've used this one four or five times already. I think that they can do away with some employees... but then again, my work can also do without ME.

[​IMG]

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

:D

Now that was pretty damn funny!

18. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

The mailperson puts mail in our mailbox every day, but there are many things that are purportedly sent to us that we never receive.

We also get mail that's addressed to other people - one time I received a letter addressed to someone in St. Paul, MN. Not exactly sure how that ended up in my mailbox in Texas (neither the street name nor the address were the same).

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I lived with my parents for a while after college; my Mom was a pharmacist at LBJ Hospital on the 10 pm - 7 am shift and my father would leave for his engineering job earlier than me; so logistically I always had to park on the curb. Also, the neighbor on our left had an Escalade and a big boat; and everytime he came back from a trip, he would have that boat hitched to his Escalade and park it on the curb, taking up a pretty big chunk of the space between our two driveways.

That was when I learned that If you don't leave enough space in front of your curb and mailbox for the mailman to not have to get out of his truck, you get a large, rope-bound stack of letters a few of days later with a note attached that says "driver could not deliver mail, curb blocked" or something like that.

My younger brother's lived in NYC for the last five years. He lived in Alphabet City in Manhattan; then he moved to Harlem a couple of years ago. He'd always asked me before to send package to work (because he had no doorman), but about this time he asked me to start sending even letters to his work office. I asked him why, and he said he didn't trust the mail delivery in Harlem. Apparently USPS outsources their delivery out there to a third party (Safety? Population Density?), and they've screwed his mail up multiple times.

20. Jeremiah

Those are all valid points, pouhe. My mailman walks, so the parking isn't an issue. And they are legit USPS mailmen, not contractors. Also, while I do live on the East End of Galveston, I live on one of those blocks where it isn't bad enough for my mail to get stolen.

What's ironic is that I didn't get any mail on Tursday, but after I posted this on Friday, I got a huge bundle of mail. I checked the postmarks and they were from the last couple of days. I honestly think that something is up.