1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do u think we'll pick Olumnide?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alaskansnowman, Jun 22, 2000.

1. alaskansnowman

Well, he worked out for us, and while we dont know the results from the workouts yet, I'm sure they're pretty good. All the other teams he worked out for were impressed, so it'll prolly be the same thing for us.

A few things...

1.)My friend told me Sports Illustrated has us picking Olumnide. Though, they arent always right, they are Sports Illustrated.

2.)I bet Olumnide and Hakeem are gonna be boys from the start, which means Hakeem might dedicate himself to leaving his mark in the NBA in the form of an Olumnide Oyedeji.

3.)He's still 19.

Beginning to sound better than Moiso. After all, you take the best person there right? While Olumnide isnt better yet, he sure has more potential... just like Dermarr has more potential than Moiso.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

2. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Nah, I think they'll pick Dermarr or Miller.

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

3. Miggidy Markell

Olumnide or Moiso is who I'd be picking at the 9th spot......we need big men and Kenny Thomas isn't our answer at the 4 spot. I think Olumnide would be a steal at 9.

------------------
    I'm tha hip hop attracta, rapper slash acta, right back at cha!

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am SOOOO hesitant to draft someone because they are the next Hakeem....etc..etc.

Remember Yinke Dare?

Enough said.

DaDakota

------------------

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Miggidy Markell, Kenny did a good job at the 4. Once he gets more practice time this offseason he'll be steamrolling everyone. GO KT!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

6. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

yo snowman. u know i always got ure back rite? but "2.)I bet Olumnide and Hakeem are gonna be boys from the start, which means Hakeem might dedicate himself to leaving his mark in the NBA in the form of an Olumnide Oyedeji." thas a pipe dream kid! moisos definetely out. if demarr is gone also and miles too, give olumnide a chance. just as with jerome, where else can u find a name that cool?OLUMNIDE!!!!!!!!!!
    so peace to the middle east my cluthcity peoples, im gonna pull a charles and enjoy this retirement.
    but since popeye...urrrr... oelpiere or wateva... just maybe. just maybe. adios.

------------------
    Lookin at a 75 year old man in a thong: NASTY
    Lookin at Shaq hit free throws: "O SH**!"

[This message has been edited by jerinrulz (edited June 23, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by jerinrulz (edited June 23, 2000).]

7. Miggidy Markell

I remember Yinka but Olumide isn't like 320 pounds like him. Yinka should have when into the pros in sumo wrestling! [​IMG]

------------------
    I'm tha hip hop attracta, rapper slash acta, right back at cha!

[This message has been edited by Miggidy Markell (edited June 24, 2000).]

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I have a sneaky suspicion he might be are pick. I don't know about the rockets but if I found the player I wanted to draft I wouldn't be raving about him and his athletic attributes to the media. And I certinly wouldn't be taking him out to public events for the media to speculate. Now if I wanted someone else to think I was interested in the player than that's exactly what I would do. Also I would secretly scout the player I really wanted and bring him in last for a workout. That's what I would do.

So I think drafting Olumnide is a real possibility. And I wouldn't be to upset. Personally I would rather move up in the drft and pick Swift. And I would rather have Demar if I knew we could sign Webber next Year. Think about it Webber, Cato and Demar Johnson on the frontline. Not to shabby.

But Olumnide is going to be a defensive force and maybe Hakeem will teach him a couple of moves to go with that. Also if we can't get webber next year I would sure like to pick up Michael Finley. Cato, Olumnide and Finley is not a bad frontline.

------------------

9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yinka Dare was a fabulous passer. Don't you agree Crisco?

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.

10. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

NIKEstrad,

I thought you were supposed to be keeping an eye on me. Seems like I am going to have to keep an eye on you also.

Mango

------------------

Eat more spinach!
    Live long and prosper!
    Donate blood!

Smeg will be assimilated.

Now...back to updating
    The Serious Police Files.

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited June 23, 2000).]

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

If fabulous actually means sucky, then yes, Dare was a fabulous passer.

I'll take the third watch.

*yawn*

------------------
    No signature for you!

12. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We can all just watch each other.

Mango and Crisco-Would you like to become co-leaders of the Serious Police Police?

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.

Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

13. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Can't do that because Crisco would TRY to corrupt me and turn me into a Smeg clone.

I don't even want the hint of corruption to besmirch my good name.

Mango

------------------

Eat more spinach!
    Live long and prosper!
    Donate blood!

Smeg will be assimilated.

Now...back to updating
    The Serious Police Files.

14. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Cool!

I beat people down in staring contests.

Mango, I just give you access to more power, its not my fult it only leads to corruption.

I saw those sheep clones, but what would a smeg clone look like?

------------------
    No signature for you!

15. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

NIKEstrad,

I think Dare was a great passer too.

I think his career assists numbered 3 in like 4 or 5 years. Now, that's a cool feeling.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

16. the-a-train

the-a-train Member

ok lets get this thing on fire. how did this thing go from a OLUMNIDE post to Mista Dare? and gotta agree with jerinrulz on expecting hakeem out of olumnide. well i see him as a very good pick, but nomatta what peeps say, this is a deep draft, and better just might be available. NEW GOAL: 10 posts in one day.

------------------
    Chugga, Chugga, Chugga, WOO WOO!!!!

17. pakirocketfan

pakirocketfan Member

Olumnide and hakkem are definitely gonna be boiz.

------------------

18. ulysses

ulysses Member

Look, every big African man is going to be hailed as the next Hakeem. Does that mean the Kandiman is going to be an all-star even once? No. I'd love it if it were true that we (a) picked Olumnide, AND (b) he turned out to be awesome. God knows we need offensive rebounding. Lets face it-- Olumnide as our pick-- improbable. We'll probably get a F and a scrub free agent at PF/C.

------------------
    G