1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do the Rockets have the most boring transaction history in the NBA since Tilman owns the team?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Which is why I distinguished between old and injury prone. And while it's true there are 15 slots, those three guys are part of the 'starting' six. Half the starters maybe going lame is a big potential risk. You are right that it's not like the Rockets are unique there, but it's also not like we're fretting about the 10th or 11th guy coming off the bench.

They need some youth, size, and athleticism. Period. I love the House and Rivers deals. They still need one or two more guys, IMO.

roslolian likes this.
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

The Rox still have their midlevel to play with and SL prospects to sign. They will def get those 1-2 guys before playoffs.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That sixth man now has an MVP, will be in the HOF at some point, and is possible the most unstoppable scorer of all time and the other guy they traded the farm for is another future HOFer and one of the top 3 PGs of all time - will any of the guys they traded for him ever even make an all star game? The reason why "Rockets defenders" keep bringing it up is because those guys are kind of a big deal. Sure you wish CP didn't always limp through seasons or James was more aggressive in crunch time but generally if you have those guys you are better off than the competition. I've said it before and I'll say it again - if Houston were playing in any other era than the one the greatest basketball team of consolidated talent ever assembled played in, they would already have a title. The results are frustrating but short of having the greatest player to every play the game of basketball(Lebron), NO ONE has beat Golden State until half the roster was injured this year and their depth was finally exposed. It's not an asterisks for Toronto but despite being a loaded team and having the best two way player in the world leading them, even Toronto needed Durant, Klay, Boogie, and Iggy to be hurt before finally overwhelming the Warriors. Your opinion lacks any sort of context whatsoever.

hakeem94 and Gray_Jay like this.
  4. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I don't want to interrupt, but I just thought I'd point out that your name is spelled incorrectly. --the thadeus

5. JW86

JW86 Member

Can someone force a name change, it’s embarrassing and frankly quite odd this person has a Rockets legend’ full name and allowed to continue starting these asinine threads. @Clutch