1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do the majority of Rocket fans hate the modern Utah Jazz and why?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HoustonForever, Dec 8, 2007.

1. HoustonForever

Hi everyone.

I'm posting this forum topic trying to gauge the various opinions of online Rocket fans. Let me clarify something immediately: I'm not looking for this thread to degenerate into a flame war (either bashing the starter of this thread or anyone else). I'm just trying to obtain answers concerning this question.

Discuss.

2. spysta

spysta Member

YES!!!! The jazz suck and always have lol Ive hated them since the malone stockon days and now i hate them more with the second coming of malone and stockon also know as boozer and williams.

3. yobod

yobod Member

Yes, because they flop on one end, and play dirty on the other. The end.

And they were the former employers of the dirtiest player in the history of sports.

4. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

I think the fact that the team name is the Jazz, and is located in Utah says it all.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't hate them and never really did. I like Deron Williams a lot and strongly dislike Carlos Boozer.

6. OGKashMoney

OGKashMoney Member

Hmmmm.... Thats a tough one!

I still remember "The Shot" by Stockton like it was yesterday and it still pains me A LOT every time I think about it or see a video of it! I will always hate Karl Malone and that annoying voice of his! I still hate Stockton and his stupid smirk as well as Jeff "Horny-Sack!"

I don't know why, but for some reason, I can't get the same amount of hatred for Williams and Boozer. I hate the Mavericks more because of how the refs cheated us out of a first-round victory by not calling Finley out of bounds and then calling a foul on Barry! Also, Dirk is a p*ssy, Josh Howard is a douchebag, Devin Harris flops and is a p*ssy, Jason Terry thinks he is the best player when he really sucks, and Stackhouse is a b*tch!

WoW! Hate those Mavs!

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They play hard and physical but also b**** on the other end when they don't get the calls.

Same clothes. Different skin.

8. matty101

matty101 Member

The only player on the Jazz that i like is Deron Williams. The rest flop, play dirty, cry, whinge to the refs and are just damn ugly. I mean look at Kirilenko. :eek:

The most hated of all current j*zz has to be Jerry Sloan. The guy is just an Ass. Just looking at him makes me annoyed because of the way he acts on the sidelines and how he just sits there thinking he rules the world.

How many Championships have you won again Jerry? :D

And how many tries have you had? :D

EDIT : Ronnie Brewer is fun to watch as well.

9. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

they are not the same jazz from the 90's. i hated those ass pirates.
    i don't have anything against the new jazz except for that euro peon okur. that's a dirty playing mofo.
    i respect deron and boozer a lot. they don't boast or brag.

10. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will always hate the Jazz. With every fiber of my being. Doesn't matter the coach is, the players, the fans, the team colors or even the city they play in. I HATE THE JAZZ.

11. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

How come?

12. TrailerMonkey

TrailerMonkey Member

I hate their fans. Jazz fans are whiney, obnoxious, and crass - all qualities which rub off on their players. Screw the Jazz.

13. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

I think most of the long-time Houston fans have issues with the Jazz because it seems like we faced them an awful lot in the playoffs--in the early 90s, we owned them, and in the later 90s, they owned us.

There are issues with Malone, Stockton, and Sloan--no red-blooded Rockets fan can stand looking at those three and not feeling their blood boil.

Plus, I have the added motivator of having grown up with the fan base--I know there are some really annoying fan bases out there in professional sports, but I'd rank Jazz fans up with any of them. It's not their passion or their interest in their team, it's their complete irrationality and stupidity when viewing the game of basketball that drives me nuts.

So yes, I hate the Jazz, but the Jazz of old will always hold a special place for hatred in my heart.

14. superden

superden Contributing Member

I don't care as much for the new Jazz. Deron and Boozer are no where as annoying as Stockton and Malone. Sloan is a genius coach...I'll give him that. He can take little talent and make it into something. Right now Dallas has taken over. I hate the coach, the players, and the fans. UGH. :mad:

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Of course we still hate the Jazz. Jerry Sloan is still the coach and they still play the exact same way they always played.

16. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

the only reason i still hate the jazz is coach sloan. i actually like deron's game.

not to derail thread, but why is josh howard a douchebag :confused: .

17. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

i got nothing against them...deron can ball..and makes boozer that much better. I like AK too, love to see those 9 9 9 9 lines that hes capable of putting up...i dont like jerry sloan tho..and mehmet whines almost as much as dirk.

18. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I dislike Boozer for what he did to the Cavs, but aside from him I don't have anything against any of their players. In fact, I love Deron Williams' game, Kirilenko is amazing to watch when he gets it going, and I wanted Ronnie Brewer on the Rockets.

I dislike Jerry Sloan because he was around when the Jazz had players that I truly hated (Malone, Stockton, Hornacek), but it only goes as far as basketball. I was watching a game a few years ago and they mentioned that his wife had just lost her battle with cancer, so I got online and donated to the pancreatic cancer action network on her behalf. I even started a thread on an NBA forum (not this one) to try and get others to match my donation. Unfortunately nobody did.

So to answer the question, no I do not hate the modern version of the Utah Jazz.

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

The Jazz are by far the #1 hated team by myself, no one else is even close.

20. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Will always hate the Jazz. It may lighten a bit when Sloan retires but I doubt it.

As long as he is coaching there is still a chance that all 5 players will fall down at the same time without ever being touched.