1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DO NOT miss Areos Game 7

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by The Truth, Jun 10, 2003.

1. The Truth

The Truth Member

The bench clearing brawl AFTER the final horn pretty much guarentees an interesting game 7!

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

holy crap...there was a bench clearing brawl???

is there not ONE local station that will pick up game 7???

edit -- apparently there is...Fox Sports will show it!!! woo hoo!!!! wait..it's thursday...i'll be in boston. i'm guessing they won't be showing it in boston. i'll have to check the internet i guess.

#2 MadMax, Jun 10, 2003
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2003
  3. The Truth

The Truth Member

Hit the biggest sports bar you can find, and tell him to spin that dish. They CAN find it!

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I caught the 3rd period of last nights game. Aeros were down 2-0 and were called for a 5 minute Major penalty (a high stick to the face) with about 6 minutes left in the game. It lit a fire in the Aeros as they attacked the net for the final 5 minutes of the game (all short handed), scoring once and almost tied the game a couple of times.

Game 7 will be a very very physical game.

5. dc sports

dc sports Member

This should be a great game. The teams are very evenly matched, and it's been a very physical series. Tonight is do or die, and one team will bring home the cup.

If anyone is interested, there will be a viewing party at SRO's at Northwest Mall. The game will be on all of the big screens, and they'll be having some drink specials etc. Gametime is 6:00pm. Game 6 drew a packed house -- the place was filled, and loud. (FYI -- Northwest mall, at 610 and 290. Take the 18th street exit from 610, drive toward the mall and you can't miss SRO's)

Again, this is Game 7 of a tied series for the second biggest cup in all of Hockey. Our HOME Team is playing to a sold out house on enemy ice. It's on Fox Sports Southwest at 6:00pm. Even if you are not a big hockey fan, this will be a great game. Root for the home team, and add another championship banner for the city!

6. dc sports

dc sports Member

7. BobFinn*

Anybody watching?

8. adrian

adrian Member

I'm watching, it's been an awesome game. Go Aeros

AC

9. BobFinn*

2-0 Aeros lead 14:00 left in game. Not as physical as I thought it would be. That could change however.

10. BobFinn*

YEAH BABY!!!! Power Play goal!!! That should ice it. 3-0, 5:00 left in game.

Awesome performance by the Aeros.

11. BobFinn*

Johan 31 saves. Fantastic game. Dominated from start to finish.

HOUSTON AEROS 2003 CAULDER CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!

12. BALLhog 247 365

crazy couple days in houston sports:

van gundy becomes officially coach
    the no-no
    now the aeros winning the cup

im liking it.

13. North Star

North Star Contributing Member

The future looks bright for my Minnesota Wild.