1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

do NOT get PG13

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JayAllJay, Jun 23, 2017.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Is it just me or did you all notice there are a bunch of threads started by newly joined members?

3. rockets13champs

Nah I'd like Milsap and Cp3

4. curbur

curbur Member

Honest question, why do you think that is the case? I understand his reputation on defense and in the playoffs, but he's still a top 5 NBA player offensively, and we've consistently been in the playoffs, have finished 2nd and 3rd in the west in the last few years. Surely someone looking for a change of scenery would have to bite eventually..

5. Emtenndo

Emtenndo Member

Clutchfans is serious business. It gives us purpose in life & sanctuary from newbs.

juanm34 and Pen15clubber like this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I'd love to get paul george but if he has no interest in moving to Houston then why waste our time? The last thing we need is someone that wants to half ass his time in Houston. It's r****ded. He reminds me of scottie quitten and tmac in his the last year. The guy will complain and nag until he gets his way. Get a player that wants to wear rockets red.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well go look it up, "dumb" is the opposite of smart. Smart is something that connotes high IQ/EQ, meaning a thread is smart if it makes people smarter ie. adds new knowledge or food for thought/discussion.

Your thread has no new insights/discussion points and you dont have any articles either, you spent all of 2 secs before pulling it out of your ass not realizing other people have already said what you said. Ergo, it doesn't add any value to other people which would classify it as a dumb thread.

Now you may say this is bullying a newb, why should there be restrictions on new threads? The reason is new threads fragment the discussion, for example people reading your topic will post their opinions here but then other people will post their opinions on the other thread. If you already posted once you wont repeat ur same point so other people dont see your posts. And thats only 2 threads, what if 5 other people make their own threads on the same topic? This is why new threads without value or rehasing old topics need to be policed and shut down.

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

1) Trade all assets to acquire Paul George
    2) Paul George leaves in UFA
    3) Rockets finally accept the rebuild like CF posters want

snowconeman22 and JayAllJay like this.
  9. Know Your Role

I could understand in the first few seasons we had him, but as time went on it became obvious to me that there is something holding players back from coming here. We're coming up on JH's 6th season here, why don't any of his NBA friends come here to play? I don't see players kicking down door to get here like they do for the Clippers, Spurs, Warriors, and Cavs.

10. Coach E

Coach E Member

In that time frame the list of stars that would be considered his friends would be KD.

Winning a ring was the most important thing to him, so he went to GS.

Who else is on this list? Lebron went back to Cleveland, but that doesn't count. Love was traded. LMA lived in SA before he signed there.

Help me understand who is on this list besides KD?

11. JayAllJay

JayAllJay Member

I would go as far as to say...your response is dumb by your definition. You wasted all of 2 minutes to type this brown text you pulled out of your ass.

A little contradictory i might add.

12. Know Your Role

That can't be true. KD isn't his only homie, I mean if he is that's really sad.

If James is the player's MVP and a top 5 player, I'd expect to see better players around him both starters and bench. There have been plenty of upgrades available since 2012.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  13. JayAllJay

JayAllJay Member

We have a good bench, and a pretty good team also...rhino and ariza def need to upgrade. Ariza should come off the bench and rhino just has to go. Hopefully Capela puts on some weight and becomes more consistent...if not he should come off the bench too. If we had harden, griffin, capela (maybe), love, lou will starting...we could compete

I love pat bev and he def has a starting spot but I think is one of our best trade pieces so he will probably be traded to make any significant moves.

without bev our starters aren't very tough tho :?

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Have you considered that stench may be your upper lip? it is the closest thing to your nose.... have you been burying your face somewhere nasty? jus sayin....

15. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

That's why when you will, it'll be harder for people just to blanketly call your post "dumb".

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

shortest. clutchfans. career. ever.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  17. HTM

HTM Member

So perfect we lose in the 2nd round to a banged up Spurs and have not realistic chance of winning a championship...

Gotta shake it up and keep trying to create a team on the GSW tier even if there is only a small chance we can... there is 0 chance to team as presently constructed will win a championship unless a bunch of injuries happen.

18. JayAllJay

JayAllJay Member

Yea but all posts are dumb by those standards...nobody is on here posting facts or stats...all opinions and rumors

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

But I didn't make a thread though so why would my post be dumb and how is it contradictory to what I said? Making a thread is different from making posts you can make as many posts as you since you are just expressing your opinion.

You are way too dumb to be posting on the internet I already laid everything out yet you still don't get it.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  20. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

You're not getting the argument, and now you are being argumentative without objective facts. Plenty of people have provided factually supportive arguments on this forum and have been recognized as thoughtful opinions. A simple search negates your counter.

Since you did not argue with facts and continue your argumentative style as sticking to pure opinion without supporting evidence, I agree with everyone else.