1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do Exclamatory remarks SUCK!!!! or RULE!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Feb 21, 2000.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Man! Has anyone noticed...UTAH...the onslaught...SUCKS!!...of puncuation...in our titles!...REPEAT BABY!!! We...RULE!...certainly are getting some...LA...passion....FRUITS!!!, new blood and banned...BARKLEY'S BUTT!!!...characters coming back...RIBS!!!HMMM!!!....since SOR started.

Is it March Madness...BABY!!!...that is causing a subliminal outpouring of punctuated...RULES!!!...remarks. Or are ESPN chatter rooms running out of explamation points.

ROCKETS RULE!!!!

2. ArmChair Coach

When was the last time you paid a good visit to the head doctor?

3. heypartner

All I have to say to that is the latest espn.com-style title thread to clutch's site:

<A HREF="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/005659.html">TRACY McGRADY ?????why </A>

Wow...5 question marks....what can it mean??????????? Maybe I should read it!!!!!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by heypartner (edited February 21, 2000).]

4. heypartner

Man, you have to love this thread title:
    <A HREF="http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/005660.html">No trade needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!</A>

5. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Does it really make that much of a difference to you how people choose to express their views?

6. heypartner

thecabbage,

SARCASM IS THE SPICE OF LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ArmChair Coach

I see¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ I guess some people can't hold in their excitement, eh¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

HeyPartner,

Don't you mean hypocrisy?

I see plenty of smiley faces etc in your posts, just another way of expressing emotion, in an otherwise emotionless forum.

[​IMG]

DaDakota

9. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

heypartner:

I'll agree with you to a degree, but it could be a lot worse. Instead of ESPN, it could be SLAM jargon.

10. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

you can read a team's chances by the meangingless threads spawned on a bbs at the ~50 game mark.

that being said partner, I have noticed an influx of new users that cannot spell or put coherent thoughts together. I suppose the addage 'the more the merrier' has some merit, but I certainly miss the good old days when the Rockets were too boring to draw in a bunch of illiterate teens.

11. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Achebe,

What's wrong with "a bunch of illiterate teens" supporting the Rockets?

Illiterate Teenage Rockets Fans UNTIE!

12. haven

haven Member

It's very annoying, I agree.

Sophisticated dialogue suffers when people are unable to articulate their ideas successfully... I think it's fairly clear that this is a problem.

That said, I think there are more than enough competent posters to maintaint interesting discussion.

Besides... they can be kind of cute [​IMG].

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I say we put a 1 punctuation limit on all sentences unless they require more to be of correct grammatical construct. The use of embedded commas and semi-colons would be one example, and colons to define a catalog or list would be another. All topics must be of a serious nature as well. No topics concerning the hypothetical musings of subjects such as trades, coaching changes, or the like are to be discussed. They are what they are -- hypothetical in nature and have no place for discussion here. No smilies will be allowed and to mark up your HTML with UBB codes is off-limits as of now.

Someone contact LHutz's kin (if he has any) as I can guarantee his first word will seal his death. No doubt the first word he utters will have 4 letters and 5 typos.

Francis3, you're dead as well since your only response to anything is, "Kenyon Martin" :

What's your name? "Kenyon Martin".
    Who's yer daddy? "Kenyon Martin"
    What is the sound of one hand clapping? "Kenyon Martin"
    Yo mama. "Kenyon Martin".

The rest of you... be wary.

We should fry those who defy the new laws in oil and then plant them into the ground on a stake as a reminder to those who would dare ignore our laws. Those bastards are ruining the board, don't they know that?

*ahem*... !?!

------------------
    trade them all and fire the coach.

14. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Arrest that man!!!! and destroy his soapbox!!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by BobFinn* (edited February 22, 2000).]

15. heypartner

Dr of Dunk

Now that was a monster dunk.

16. Elie#17

Elie#17 Contributing Member

Two- Words:

"Kenyon Martin." ahahahaha.. =)

Elie#17 or.. Elie#17!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys are hillarious.

17. popeye

popeye Member

(Indent)(Capitalized) way I figger it (comma) all those (Colloquilized Mild Derogatory Slang Term)teenie bopper(Single possessive Apostrophe)s out there (Comma) who are typing (Start Quotes)their best(End Quotes) kept (Capitalized,Bold,Flash Red Font) rockets (Italicized,Bold,Flash Red Font) secrets (Comma) are at least keeping their (Misplaced Dialect Abbreviation As Strong Expletive Deleted) F@&*+!& hands off my daughter (Plural Possessive Apostrophe)s (Misplaced Dialect Abbreviation As Mild To Moderate Expletive Deleted) A#@% s(Plural Possessive Apostrophe)(Period)

(No Indent,Colloquille Salutation)cheers (Period)

(Registered BBS Pseudonym,Lowercase)popeye

18. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

And to think all I was going to do was post how bbsers should use the appropriate forum for new threads.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????........

19. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

There is no appropriate forum for this thread because Clutch hasn't created an "insane person ramblings" or "stupid threads" forum yet!

Oops, only one exclamation point...here are some more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]

Clutch you may pull the trigger when ready!

------------------
    Bring It!!

20. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.