1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

They should really really want Dmo . He is such a great passer , having him on he floor opens things up significantly. He needs to get back to his 2015 defensive form though .

2. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Nice try, DMo.

3. ipa

ipa Member

Hahaha!

Check out who liked this tweet...

How can you not love this guy? Very very few players are trying this hard to stay with their previous team for reasons of loyalty!

D-Mo is like an unicorn! :D

4. omgTHEpotential

As far as I'm concerned DMo is still a Rocket unless the Rockets decide not to match whatever offer sheet he might get.

5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That's the problem . This issue would / could be solved immediately if DMO just signed an offer sheet with another team . Even if a team isn't going to give him all he wants ; he's basically asking the rockets to bid against themselves .

He must really want to be a rocket if he won't sign an offer sheet with another team ; or maybe teams that have offered him money , he doesn't like their situation.

Either way for his own benefit this needs to end soon .

6. Remlap

Remlap Member

He's been out basically 1.25 seasons for injuries. He needs to be in camp and getting on board.
    I don't understand this whole holdout thing on either side. I'm assuming an offer has been tabled by the Rox
    but he's waiting for another suitor to up the ante?
    In the meantime, he gets further behind

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

It's not a hold out on both sides. Rockets gave him the qualifying offer.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

While that's certainly true , in most cases the qualifying offer is well below market value .

Now as I've previously said , Dmo / his agent have been shooting themselves in the foot by not getting another offer .

Frankly it's too late for that now given that training camp has started and teams have their rosters .

Maybe if a big for another team gets hurt they can try to sign him at a higher salary .

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Show me were the Market has set his value higher than the Rocket's offer?

Rocket River

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

What's the Rox offer?

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Read my post again

I said ," in most cases , the qualifying offer is below market value ."

I wasn't talking specifically about Dmo . I was talking in general across the NBA and across multiple years .

Most players don't accept the qualifying offer . Why is that ? It's because they can get more on the market .

This is how dmo's agent was thinking . In a year with the cap going up significantly any 7 footer is going to get paid more than the qualifying offer .

Unfortunately for Dmo , his agent didn't take in injury concerns , or some other weird thing is happening.

Obviously the market has not set his value higher . It probably is , but he has not secured an offer sheet .

It hasn't worked out . But IN GENERAL a qualifying offer is well below market value.

Part of the reason Dmo hasn't accepted it is becuase he thinks he's worth more .

12. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

DMo needs to show some value. His performances upon his return last year weren't that good. Combine that along with his revoked trade and it is he who must establish value at this point. DMo is just worried he is playing for all the marbles under the circumstances but without other teams stepping up that is what he will need to do.

13. opticon

opticon Member

MDA said DMO would get near starters minutes if he came back. With that said do you think DMO makes the plane to China?

14. rockets13champs

Hes gonna sign in December

15. hvic

hvic Member

Maybe he can get an offer from the spurs. I read somewhere that they have one open spot left

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

SAS has no money to spend. They are way over the cap. Best SAS can offer him is their Room Exception for $2.9m, which would be instantly matched by Morey.

You need to find a team who can outbid the Rockets.

17. Remlap

Remlap Member

Good luck starting a bidding war.
    That rejection by the Pistons tarnished his value I'm afraid

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It is time, past time, to get a resolution. DMo needs to be working with the team. NOW!

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Rockets signing of P.J. Hairston doesn't mean the team is close to signing restricted free agent power forward Donatas Motiejunas. According to a source, two sides haven't talked extensively in a month. - Calvin Watkins

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What is there to talk about? DMo won't accept the QO till the last minute, and the Rockets won't offer him more than that. Unless one side changes their mind, it's just a waiting game till the end of the month.