1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DMO's agent "Rockets not doing enough to re sign him"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Sorry for the lame bump but, 3/4 days left, camp already started and still nothing...can we really hope in a good resolution for both sides at this point?

3. malakas

malakas Member

many deals are done at the last second when one of the two sides gets scared. But since Beasly got traded that actually gives DMO some more negotiating power.
    I mean the Rockets frontcourt right now is extremely weak. Two very injury-prone players and one who is hardly ready to be a full time starting C.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

agreed that the current big man rotation is quite weak. but i'm not sure how much the addition of dmo would really change that anyways

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Call me crazy, but I like our bigman roation right now.

Clint Capela, Nene and Ryan Anderson is NICE.

Adding Donuts will give us the added size and skill needed to be really deep.

6. basketballholic

Oh the optimism of the off season. Just wait till you see this front court in action.

We need to trade capela before he totally devalues himself.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What happened to your optimism of a big DMc trade? Seems if you are deriding our front court and grasping for a Capela trade to save it, then you must no longer believe your big SnT is coming.

...otherwise you'd just say "relax everyone, Yule-C"

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'll just call you Dumbass.

People gonna be calling for Capela's head once they see he's not quite ready.

9. valorita

valorita Member

Dmo's value to the Rockets is quantified.
    Mid first round pick > Dmo.
    So that is basically a rotational substitute player level, based on draft history odds.
    Market value this summer for that type is
    D Arthur 7.6/yr
    Tolliver 8
    T Booker 9.5
    Teletovic 10
    J Luer 10.5
    Mozgov 16
    Mahimni 16

So, it seems like it is 9-15 range.

Morey will try for 9-12mil range w team options.

Dmo will be a rocket unless things go really really south as it benefits both parties and its just a matter of hashing out the details.
    Probably, lol.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don't know what They are waiting for . The sooner DMO gets in camp the more time he will have to win a role and gel with the system.

Morey for all of his cutthroat persona is actually a fair contract giver . Dmo will be better off in the long run if he stops squabbling about pay and just plays well this year .

11. basketballholic

I have consistently said that DMo will most likely be signed and traded. If he isn't it means the possibility of a big deal has been pushed back to after Dec. 15th. DMo and Ryan Anderson are repetitive. There will not be enough minutes for both of them. And yes, a trade for DMc is still a possibility, although not likely.

I have personally been pushing for a trade of Capela for some time. I actually wanted to trade him last season. And there is still the possibility that we acquire Noel and move Capela in a package for a point guard like Bledsoe or Rubio.

Trade talks are ongoing as is extension talks with Nerlens are ongoing. Just because something doesn't go down quickly the way it was discussed doesn't mean it hasn't been discussed.

We are after DMc. That doesn't mean Sac will move him. But we are stockpiling for the possibility. If we keep DMo either him or Anderson will likely be moved by the trade deadline. DMo knows this. He's not stupid. Moving Beasley was not much help in that regard. Our motivation in the Beasley/Ennis trade was not to clear the logjam fur DMo. It was to grab a young pg on a rookie deal under team control for a low salary for a couple more seasons. Ennis is another asset that gives us greater trade flexibility going forward.

At this point we're looking at a platoon of Ariza and Bev around Harden and Gordon. This team is obviously not set. We are not throwing away this season. This organization wants to win a championship THIS SEASON if at all possible. And Morey is being very aggressive in trying to make a BIG TRADE(S) to turn this roster into a true championship contender. Bev and Ariza have both been shopped extensively for that purpose right alongside DMo in a sign-and-trade. We have to add rebounding, playmaking, and defense both on the perimeter and especially on the interior. Because right now we are a Nene injury away from being in the lottery.

It's fun to be optimistic at the start of training camp. But we need to be realistic. This team needs serious upgrades. And Morey is trying to make them happen as soon as possible, believe me.

#311 basketballholic, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

TLDR version of holic's post:

"Something might happen at some point."

Dat insider doe

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

In the end i think the real goal of Morey right now is to try to acquire a second star player, this is a must if we want to be in the position to really compete. But i also think it'll be very hard to do it this season, maybe next summer if some of our young guys will have more value. Cousins and George are both expirings from next summer btw, these two are the guys i would target obviously, especially George, he would be soo perfect next to Harden imo...

14. basketballholic

Both guys are targets 1a and 1b until they are traded or re-up.

15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

comon dmo sign da ting

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I just resigned him for four years on a minimum contract in NBA 2K17. It's funny how unrealistic that is. Though with the health concerns with D-Mo, I'm not so sure it shouldn't be realistic.

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

<-------------------------

Reaction to the below.

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

PG13 from LA would leave Indy or spurn Lakes or Clips to come to H-Town or anywhere else? Mine eyes don't see the glory in that logic.

malakas likes this.
  19. finsraider

finsraider Member

Can't agree here. Very different offensive games.

20. basketballholic

Which one is playing 5, fins? We've got Nene and Capela at the 5. And you know we're going to be playing small even more than we did last season. So which one moves over y2k the 5 and then who do you bench, Nene or Capela?

We're already wwak on rhe glass and in the defensive paint, fins. They are repetitive. You can point to nuances in their games but they are repetitive. They are big stretch 4's, who need to play alongside a defensive 5 that can control the glass.