1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DM is done

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fattz, Nov 28, 2019.

1. fattz

fattz Member

After seeing the start of the season our team is complete because of the success from our youth, when given the chance. Each fills a void that has been created by playing such ridiculously rigid rotations over the years. One must wonder what our team would look like if spot minutes were used over time:
    helps the starters with less ware
    helps the younger players develop
    helps the coach with choices to make adjustments
    helps the GM by adding value to the end of the bench to sweeten or make small deals happen
    helps the fans because most enjoy watching players develop

With answers already on the bench DM the GM has done his job and sometimes doing nothing is the right thing to do. (Please nothing major at the trade deadline). Functional vets on minimums and youth playing well on lesser team friendly contracts. A core of Harden, Westbrook, Capela, House locked in. Gordon on a max (trade chip - off season). It’s really on MDA to make it happen. His contract is up and it should be. It’s a championship season or next year with a new coach because all the pieces are there.

Thank you Darrell Morey.

Lawlruschang, kjayp, smp and 3 others like this.
  2. AstrosRockets1818

Terrible thread title. Loser

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I must congratulate you, Inspector, on handling so distinctive and instructive a case. Your powers, if I may say so without offence, seem superior to your opportunities.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I await the MAD response

basketmad icon gif.gif

sammy, Smacktle, Ramo$e and 7 others like this.
  5. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I think it may be a option for DM to be fired. Morey has way too much influence on how the team plays. While the 3's & layup approach works temporarily, it's a formula that'll have a hard time winning championships. There needs to be some middle ground but Morey's not straying away from his principles. I'd like to see a GM in the same mold as Masai Ujiri, a young, intelligent & relatable guy who embraces analytics but not to the extreme Morey does. Shane Battier would be a great face of the organization

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Did you read the OP? That’s not what this thread is about. The title is misleading.

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Daryl is never done trying to improve the team, OP, but I was pleased that MDA actually gave Clark significant minutes. Harden noticed. My guess is that he's noticed a lot that MDA does, or doesn't do, and says next to nothing about it publicly. Also pleased to see Hartenstein get a bit of a run, as well.

From Fox Sports:

Second-year player Gary Clark had 12 points and tied a career-best with eight rebounds in 29 minutes helping to fill in for Capela. Clark hasn’t gotten much playing time this season and had logged just 10 minutes this season entering Wednesday’s game.

“His number was called and he was ready to go after not really having an opportunity this season,” Harden said.

Just to chime in about the title, OP. Not trying to give you a hard time about it, because your actual OP is just fine, but literally everyone who looks at it will immediately think, "Morey's done? Tilman canned him? No! Tell me it isn't true!"

9. Nook

Nook Member

If the Rockets “do nothing” then they will be lucky to get to the second round of the playoffs.

Deuce, ktex, RayRay10 and 7 others like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I must congratulate you, Inspector, on handling so distinctive and instructive a case. Your powers, if I may say so without offence, seem superior to your opportunities.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think maybe getting a win last night is making you giddy. ;) this team still needs forward depth. Sefolosha shouldn't be seeing court time. A good GM is never done.

Highlyrated likes this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

I disagree, but if a trade is made the only thing not locked in wouldn’t yield much in return so why trade? Using future pick(s) along with Gordon’s cap space is the way to get better —> That want happen till offseason. IMO, a full year of House, IHart and Clark with Clemons added into the mix will go along way to making us more formidable. Gordon and Green are not dead either. If MDA won’t use his bench maybe the next coach will.

After reading other responses. I see that the tile could be seen as miss leading. Morey is done for this season.

#12 fattz, Nov 28, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Erbnwarfare likes this.
  13. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

When I saw the title I thought Morey had resigned or something...glad that's not the case :D

Erbnwarfare likes this.
  14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

If they deactivate Russell Westbrook I'm confident Harden would get us to the second round.

With Westbrook, not sure, he creates an unstable element. Either way, this ain't a contender.

Morey can't do much but sit on his hands at this point. Dude is as hamstrung as a person can get with the owner and our current tradeable salary situation.

15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Dm might be done , but is DMO done ?

16. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Thought he was fired. Nevertheless, perhaps the guys are now buying in. Westrbook might have carved out his role with the switching style offense. Seems like MDA is going back to the ideal matchup ISO for Westbrook.

17. macan

macan Member

is this an official fire Daryl Morey thread? asking for a friend

18. BigBum

BigBum Member

you have a point. With DM, I am concerned about playoffs from 2023 to 2030.

all market contracts, no rookie contracts.

2024 picks to thunder
    2025 swap
    2026 picks to thunder

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Not quite

Highlyrated likes this.
  20. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

If y’all were DM would you trade RW and a first for Jimmy Butler?