1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Disney] New Indiana Jones confirmed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CCorn, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Indiana Jones and the Crystal Meth Addict

2. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

How Indiana Jones 5’s Director Oh So Casually Alerted His Fans To The Major Harrison Ford News

Last night's massive Investor Day presentation from Disney dropped a ton of news. Some of it was updates on movies and series that we knew were on the way, a lot of it was brand new announcements of projects that had never been revealed, or at least not confirmed. One of the movies that was only briefly touched on was the fifth Indiana Jones movie starring Harrison Ford. While we knew the movie was in development, it's been in development hell for all that time, continually being delayed. Last night Disney confirmed a lot of details that had already been reported, and that meant the film's director could finally start talking about it.

It was first reported back in February that Steven Spielberg was stepping away from directing duties on Indiana Jones 5. At the time, the word was that Logan director James Mangold was in talks to take over the project. However, Disney never confirmed those reports. That is, until last night. As part of the Lucasfilm presentation at the Disney Investor Day last night, studio head Kathleen Kennedy finally confirmed that Mangold is, in fact, bringing the man with the hat back, and Mangold, just played it all off on Twitter like it was no big deal.

Needless to say, yeah, there was something going on. The announcement from Kathleen Kennedy that Indiana Jones 5 is now in pre-production is certainly not the same thing as saying the movie is actually getting ready to shoot, but it's a step forward that the movie had yet to actually reach. And the fact that James Mangold is now allowed to publicly admit that he's directing the movie is probably a load off his mind. Having said that, he hasn't actually posted anything else on Twitter since his mild troll to Indiana Jones fans.

Among all the other announcements last night, the Indiana Jones news almost felt like an after thought. Because we've been waiting for it for so long there's certainly a feeling that until something more tangible happens, it's still something that exists in the ether. Still, the fact that Disney did finally confirm that James Mangold is helming the project and Harrison Ford will be back in the title role, is something.

Most importantly, if the movie is in the pre-production stage, that likely means that the script for the film is done, or close enough to it that things like location scouting can be done. The script had been the clear sticking point, as a number of high profile scribes had taken a shot at the film over the last few years, and it seemed none of them had put together something that was making everybody happy. We would appear to finally be there now, so the movie can finally move forward.

Indiana Jones 5 is currently set to open in theaters in July 2022.

FrontRunner likes this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

iono, indiana jones was really good, but who are they going to fight in the 80s? i think indy would be living im the 80s if the timeline matches

4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

River Phoenix hologram?

jo mama likes this.
  5. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i think it will be late 60's and indy will be fighting commie hippies.

will shea lebouf be in this one?

Xerobull and Jontro like this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m guessing Chris Pratt

7. Buck Turgidson

I still say you hire Tim Olyphant as his long-lost illegitimate son or younger brother Dakota Jones.
    • Handsome
    • Looks great in hat
    • Can do deadpan and quips for comedic effect
    • Is Timothy Olyphant
    • Is not Shia LaBoof
    • Is not Chris Pratt
    • Really...he looks great in a hat

Blatz likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Good idea

I can tell you’ve been really, really, really thinking about Timothy Opyphant. A lot.

boomboom and Buck Turgidson like this.
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

I did just google him in hats. Grrrrrrrr

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Between Deadwood and Justified, and more recently Fargo...if a role calls for a man to wear a hat, how could you not?

And I take my Indiana Jones movies seriously, which is why I stopped watching the last one after about 15 minutes.

11. Xerobull

He's in the Mandalorian, too.

12. Buck Turgidson

I know, don't spoil it for me.

OK, so I may have a slight hetero mancrush on the guy. You have one too, who is it?

13. Xerobull

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  14. Xerobull

INDIANA JONES 5: Mads Mikkelsen Set To Join Harrison Ford And Phoebe Waller-Bridge

Following the news that Fleabag star Phoebe Waller-Bridge has joined the cast of James Mangold's Indiana Jones 5, we've learned that Mads Mikkelsen (Another Round) is also on board in a mysterious role.
    RorMachine | 4/15/2021
    Filed Under: "Indiana Jones" Source: Deadline
    [​IMG]

Lucasfilm recently announced that Phoebe Waller-Bridge (Fleabag, Solo: A Star Wars Story) will be joining Harrison Ford in James Mangold's upcoming Indiana Jones movie, and Deadline is now reporting on another exciting addition to the cast.

Mads Mikkelsen (Doctor Strange, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story) has landed a role in the fifth instalment of the iconic action adventure franchise. Details on his character are still under wraps, but we wouldn't exactly be shocked if he's been cast as the villain!

Mikkelsen has made a career out of playing bad guys, and recently replaced Johnny Depp as Gellert Grindelwald in the third Fantastic Beasts movie when the Pirates of the Caribbean actor was forced to step away from the role. He has also brought life to some terrific heroic characters, however.

Mikkelsen's most recent film was Academy Nominated Danish dramedy, Another Round.

Logan director James Mangold is taking the helm, and it's also been confirmed that John Williams will return as composer. Kathleen Kennedy, Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall and Simon Emanuel will serve as producers on the still untitled Indiana Jones 5, which will swing into theaters July 29, 2022.

Buck Turgidson and MadMax like this.
  15. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Wow...solid add!

16. Xerobull

It just struck me that this guy would be perfect in a modern Spaghetti Western.

KingCheetah likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Blatz and KingCheetah like this.
  18. Xerobull

I love you.

ThatBoyNick and KingCheetah like this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Weird ... what are the chances?

Xerobull likes this.