1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Disney] New Indiana Jones confirmed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CCorn, Jan 1, 2016.

1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Only problem I had with John Boyega was I thought he brought a little too much humor to the role. Adam Driver was great as the brooding Vader wannabe with Daddy issues. And Ridley I felt had the best performance of the bunch. But regardless what you think of the quality of their acting, I don't see how you can question their energy. They, let's not forget Oscar Isaac here, brought that in spades.

And again, I enjoyed seeing Harrison Ford as Han Solo, but his performance and exubrance in Force Awakens doesn't hold a candle to his stuff in the original trilogy. Which doesn't exactly make me stoked for another turn as Indy.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oscar Issac was certainly masterful, on that we agree.
    Harrison Ford was Harrison Ford, a legend.

The rest were entirely forgettable in my opinion, aside from Mark H's astonishing scene at the end. Agree to disagree! :)

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Agree to waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay disagree. It's almost like we watched different movies.

Daisy Ridley was a one-in-a-gajillion find. She can act, she was very credible in the action scenes. "Forgettable"? Good Lord.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Her facial expressions, alone, in the action scenes were fantastic. She was that character. Pretty cool to watch.

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

INDIANA JONES 5 Begins
    Filming in April 2019!

Published at: March 19, 2018, 2:03 p.m. CST by Big Eyes

[​IMG]

Morning, geeks!

You all remember in KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL how Indiana Jones survived the nuclear blast of an atom bomb by hiding inside of a lead-lined refrigerator, and how little sense that made? Well, to keep the tradition of nonsensicality in the Indy series, a fifth movie is about to begin filming!

Don’t get me wrong, you guys. I loved the original first three films.

Spielberg and Harrison Ford will be teaming up again for this new film, as of course Ford reprises his role as Indiana Jones. The release date is set for July 20th, 2020. 2020 is looking like a great year for film and animation, can’t wait!

There was some talk at some point about Chris Pratt taking on the role of Indy in a reboot, which I was perfectly okay with, but it doesn’t look like it’s happening anymore.

But oh, according to comingsoon.net, Bob Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm’s parent company Disney, promises that this won’t be the last installment of Indiana Jones. For real, though? I remember a time when everyone could say there are enough films of this thing, and there don’t need to be anymore or else it’ll just kind of cheapen what made the original movies great. The shitty thing, though? We all know we’re going to see it due to the nostalgia we have for the originals, and expect the new ones to not be good because “nothing is ever as good as you remember it”.

Eh, whatever. Here’s a shot of the easter egg from Fallout: New Vegas where they hid a skeleton with a fedora in a fridge. Wonder who it’s supposed to be?!

[​IMG]

6. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I'm down...as long as there are plenty of ninjas, robots and robot ninjas.

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Indiana Jones masterpieces come in odd numbers. :)

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

So, Harrison Ford is turning 76 this year, which means he'll be 77 when filming and 78 when the movie comes out. I'm not a proponent of ageism, obviously they'll leave the real running and jumping about to whatever youngster they hire as his sidekick (unless Shia starts a redemption tour now and stays clean; but he's box office poison now as opposed to the "next big thing"---even Michael Bay won't take his phone calls now).

PLEASE NO FLYING SAUCERS. And don't have Indiana Jones meeting Jesus, either. DO NOT LET GEORGE LUCAS WRITE THE SCRIPT.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

they should do to harrison ford like star wars did. give him a proper farewell... but in the start of the movie. but i can't imagine an indiana jones movie without harrison being the star and running around and beating people up.

come to think of it, just let the franchise retire. can't they think of any new ideas for an adventure franchise?

10. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

They should just call it something else BUT make it in the same Indiana universe with a cameo by Harrison ford. That way they can be a bit more original, yet send off a farewell to one of the classic characters. But that's just what I would do.

11. Xerobull

'Indiana Jones 5' Will Begin Filming This Summer, Harrison Ford Says
    FEBRUARY 14, 2020 7:00AM by Ryan Parker
    [​IMG]

Indiana Jones | Paramount Pictures/Photofest

"I feel obliged to make sure our ambitions are as ambitious as they were when we started," the actor said in a separate interview about the upcoming installment in the action-adventure franchise.

Another installment to the Indiana Jones franchise is on its way, with Harrison Ford revealing that production will commence within months.

Ford dropped by The Ellen DeGeneres Show for an interview that will air Friday to promote his new film, Call of the Wild, and while there, he gave a few hints about the upcoming Indiana Jones film.

The 77-year-old actor told host DeGeneres that filming would begin late this summer.

"it's going to be fun," Ford said. "They are great fun to make."

The upcoming film's title has yet to be revealed.

The first three movies are considered to be some of the best action-adventure films of all-time. The fourth film, 2008's Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, was not well received by fans for its story, not Ford's performance.

In a separate interview with CBS Sunday Morning, Ford said filming may begin as soon as April on Indiana Jones 5.

He also noted that he has enjoyed revisiting his classic characters, including Han Solo from Star Wars.

"When we have an opportunity to make another, it is because people have enjoyed them," Ford said in that interview. "I feel obliged to make sure our ambitions are as ambitious as they were when we started."

A release date for Indiana Jones 5 has not been announced.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Wow, it's been 12 years since Crystal Skull was in theaters. Time flies.

A fifth film is purely money-grabbing at this point. I don't see how a 77 yo Ford garners interest in this property. He was fine as Han Solo, even in these latest SW movies, but that's because he wasn't asked to do too much, regarding action.

13. Xerobull

I think there's a story there with the right script and direction. As long as they poke fun at Ford being an old fart, like the fight scene in Up

14. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

The Last Crusade for my money is still the GOAT Indiana Jones. Ford and Connery are sublime on screen...

15. Nook

Nook Member

Awesome........ So I guess Harrison Ford is back as Indiana Jones with Clint Eastwood as the bad guy and Michael Douglas as the young upstart. Betty White will play the love interest.

The whole movie takes place in a Lubby's cafeteria between 2 pm and 4 pm.

I am down to see it.

16. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

That cast could make it work.

Nook likes this.
  17. Roscoe Arbuckle

18. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

Reading this made me think you were taking about the Irishmen

BigM, rhino17 and Nook like this.
  19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Sean Connery was 59 when The Last Crusade was released.

Harrison Ford is 77 now.

Lol.

20. Buck Turgidson

Indiana Jones and the Copper Socks of Kalagari

KingCheetah and FrontRunner like this.