1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Discussing basketball with people in your everyday life

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Mango, Jun 21, 2000.

1. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

The time spent participating on this BBS has been enjoyable and educational. The only problem is that it is difficult to hold a converstion about Pro basketball with people who haven't spent time here. Today, I had somebody tell me that the Rockets would have plenty of money to sign a free agent because CB4's retirement would free up plenty of cap space. Other people think that Drew + #9 will get you into the top three picks. Rather than argue with people, I just let them talk because it is easier and more peaceful.

Does anybody else have similar experiences?

Mango

------------------
    Live long and prosper.
    Donate blood!

Smeg will be assimilated.

Now...back to updating
    The Serious Police Files.

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

It could be worse, I have to listen to Jazz fans discuss trading Greg Ostertag for a top 15 draft pick.

Interestingly enough, the Salt Lake tribune asked me if I'd take part in a sports survey yesterday. What sort of sports exists in Utah? Exactly. I was asked 3 questions.

Should the Jazz attempt to trade Malone for draft picks?
    Would I be happy seeing Karl Malone get the chance to win a championship elsewhere?
    Am I a Jazz fan?

------------------
    get it Tag, get it! - a Jazzhole asking Greg Ostertag to rebound the ball.

3. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I have a friend who is a Faker fan. He doesn't think that Shaq violates any fouls. He also believes Juan Dixon will be better than Stevie and Brand is better than Bark. Another friend is a Knick fan who thinks LJ is greater than MJ.

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Its time to look for some new freinds Dean [​IMG]

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Yeah [​IMG]

------------------
    I AM SPARTACUS

6. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

The only people I really talk NBA with is people I play with, and they are pretty knowledgeable(some even visit clutchcity!).

But I dont talk about NBA with many other people cuz they are way more ignorant than me.

My uncle used to argue that Malone was a greater player than MJ based solely on the fact that MJ's shots touched rim when they went in while Malone's were nothing but net.

Quite a few cheered on Barkley's injury, feeling the Rockets had a better chance of winning w/o him. Uh-huh. One example of many.

------------------
    No signature for you!

7. Christopher

Christopher Member

I have stopped talking to people about the NBA.

Most of the people I use to talk to a HUGE bandwagoners.Ask them who their favorite team was and you could almost hear them say "Who going well at the moment?".

Ask them who the best player in the league was and you got the feeling they had seen to many Nike commercials!

Then when you tryed to talk about REAL basketball issues (They wernt to good when it come to anything serious.Dunking was about as indepth as they could get) like the draft or salary cap situations they were like a deer in the headlights.
    "Salary cap.......Yeah I got one of thoes at footlocker last week!"

Thats why I love my Clutch City :)

------------------
    Your Starting Power Forward for the Clutch City Allstars

My Expert Opinion Of Steve Francis:Mate he is a special player!

8. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

It's hard to talk rocket ball when you're surrounded by knick fans.

But what ya gonna do? I try to enlighten them, but they would rather remain ignorant. [​IMG]

------------------

9. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I talk about basketball to my wife - who cares nothing about basketball and usually will give me dirty looks or start making gag noises. This does not bother me, as I am used to it by now. I just continue to tell her all sorts of things.

I would much rather talk to her about it than with other people I know.

------------------
    rimbaud post-a-thon 2000