1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Discussed: Jonny Flynn to Cavs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dingus, Mar 13, 2012.

1. HI Mana

HI Mana Member

I'm ignoring the actual player evaluation, and simply comparing to the draft pick value that was extracted when these deals had to be consummated within minutes. Of course Batum would be preferable now, but to have that one year with Artest where the Rockets were legitimate championship contenders was definitely worth it in my eyes. That was the best squad the Rockets had had in over a decade, and you could easily argue that it will remain the closest the Rockets will come to a championship squad for as long as Les Alexander continues on his path of no rebuilding.

2. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

You're joking right?

3. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Did Martin catch a DNP - trade pending? Lol.

4. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Ooops! Wrong thread.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

I was against the trade too, when we picked Batum I was ecstatic, and couldn't understand why we traded him for Greene. Then again nobody's perfect, and DM's wing draft evaluations have actually been pretty bad.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Parsons, Budinger...??, Morris has yet to be shown. Morey lost out on Jermain Taylor (althouth he still has time to get back in the league).

Morey said in a recent interview at the sloan conference that if you study their roster and draft picks its pretty obviously the deficiencies in NBA roster scouting. That is why you see alot of PG's and undersized post players drafted by Morey. Parsons and Budinger were probably looked over for obvious reasons....

I wouldn't say that Morey drafts poorly at the wing positions because.. he doesnt... He just doesnt draft that many wings... mainly because I believe he sees alot of similar quality wings available on the bargain in trades. Wings get cycled and re-cycled in the league on a yearly basis. Its tough to say that any GM drafts wing players well.

7. eman

eman Contributing Member

I thought Flynn did a decent job tonight. Perhaps, with a steady 6-8 min PT, he'll improve... Otherwise, sheesh, where's Will Conroy or Ish Smith?

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Will is burning up the D-League and Ish is chillin with DHoward in Orlando. Well, currently.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I have always said that any player that gets actual playing time will always get better. He represented himself well tonight. It is a shame that the Rockets had to be pushed to the wall to play him, but thats how opportunities happen in the NBA. He still needs to work on his defense.

10. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Unfortunately, you might be asleep for a long time before somebody finally wakes you up from your slumber, but I feel your pain as well:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NaNzxniXxYE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

you know if Flynn got on clutchfans more often, he would know where he needs to fix his game (which is everywhere)

12. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

you're a great fan. thanks for standing by your team during the bad times and the good. really appreciate it.

13. hahachui

hahachui Member

Do it in a heart beat. Even if it is just a mid second rounder

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Flynn = Lin?

15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

keep flynn. dude has talent. and who wants to help LA out with their PG troubles.

16. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

/ thread

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think he will progress steadily now, dude has too much talent and will be a solid rotation guy.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Broussard:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/stor...75&_slug_=nba-trade-chatter-48-hours-deadline

19. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Ship him for peanuts

don't care

20. Htown's2kFinest

Is this what's it has come too? Trade deadline is almost here and the most we hear about is Jonny Flynn...