1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dirk frustrated that the Mavs have not been able to sign any big name FAs, Chandler Parsons offended

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I actually feel a little sorry for Dirk. While I'll always hate the Mavs, Dirk has never given less that a full effort, however good that might be, and you can't ask for more. I agree with a couple of comments that Cuban has always overreached, never being satisfied even when he already had a damn good team, tinkering when he should have left well enough alone. Considering how he's mucked around with the franchise, they're lucky to have a championship under their belts, so Dirk has that to cherish during his retirement, which can't be too far away. Parsons? What a joke.

2. meanplays

meanplays Member

Who do you think has sacrificed more for their team, Dirk or Wade?

3. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Ok...what the hell...it's time to lay out the truthiness....My wife and I HATE Dirk. Always have. We hate...
    the way he moves
    the way he shots
    his stupid sweaty hair
    his stupid way he walks around like hes on stilts
    his puny man up fist pumps
    did I mention his sweaty smelly hair ?
    his probable bad breath
    I hope he and his whole team stink like dog poop and drop to the bottom of the NBA
    I love getting free tickets from my buddy who sings the national anthem up there and watching the Rockets KICK THEIR ASSES
    I would rather have moochie norris over Dirk the Jerk
    I would throw Dirk into the ocean if I thought it would pull chandler parsons in too
    did i mention how much i hate him ?
    My wife tried on a new dress and asked me how it made her look.
    "You look like Dirk in full cry baby mode." She screamed and tore the dress off...we poured gasoline on it and danced around it laughing madly.

p.s. I have not one but two Raja Rondo bobble head dolls...yes I was there the night they handed them out.
    I laugh out loud every time I look at that putrid Mavericks logo on that nut job...I think we'll put em on e bay only in dallas just to remind people how screwed up the mavericks are and were.

I couldn't care less what he feels about anything..I hope they suck forever.....i'm glad he's sitting around wondering why real stars have no interest is watching his groin kicking p***y game....

ah....summer time and the living is easy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Lol me too, everybody acts like its a sin to **** talk dirk but I say **** dirk. Always complaining and crying. I will forever love josh smith and Dwight Howard for that dunk show they put on his ass. Actually felt bad for Tyson chandler lol. Dirk floppin his big floppy ass all over the damn place.

5. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

I'd probably not want to play in Dallas too with Cuban doing layups in the line during warmups before the game.

6. awc713

awc713 Member

Defense aside, it would be really fun to watch JH and Dirk play together. Don't know why, but I see their styles of play gelling very well.

7. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

True.

8. awc713

awc713 Member

I'll do layup drills with ANYONE who pays me an NBA salary.

9. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Mavs put zero emphasis on player development, and don't seem to give a f**k about the draft. That is entirely their front office and Cuban's fault.

Seriously, they haven't developed a solid rotational player since maybe Josh Howard.

They trade draft picks away constantly. They traded their only decent draft selection in Jae Crowder for half a season of Rondo, and Crowder thrived AWAY from Dallas not in Dallas.

Just maybe the worst team in the league at player development.

10. TheresTheDagger

Not even really the front office's fault. They do what they do at the direction of Cuban who is too involved as an owner. This is 98% on Cuban and 2% on their front office.

11. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Everytime I see this thread I think something is happening with Dirk.

12. awc713

awc713 Member

Sacramento says hello. Outside of Porzingis, Knicks too

13. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I feel sorry for Memphis. They paid a gimp max money. Maybe DD can push his wheelchair around

14. thejav

thejav Member

Conely aint that bad..cmon now..

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

On average, there are 1 or 2 guys available via FA that are top tier game changing players. Some years, that number is zero.

IMO, there are the primary incentives/requirements to land these types of players.

1) At least one top tier player in his prime already on team
    2) Recent history of winning (advancing beyond 1st round of playoffs)
    3) A place said player actually wants to be (this includes city location, coach, players on said team, management and owner)

Sorry Dallas, but your 0-2 on the first two. 3) might be attractive to guy from there or close to players there. Otherwise 0-3.

For the 2nd tier FA players (very good but not game changers), 4) Money could be added to the list. This year at least, seemingly everyone has money so its a wash with very few teams actually having an advantage/disadvantage over everyone else.

Houston did good to keep Harden around a little longer. At least that satisfies one criteria. Dallas is screwed unless such a player just has to play near the Metroplex to be near their sick relative.

16. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

Not if there's 29 other guys lining up to do the same.

17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Cry me a river. He has one ring, two finals appearances and millions in the bank