1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Die Hard 4-Live Free or Die Hard

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by across110thstreet, Aug 3, 2006.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

theres not much info on this except for the title and that production begins next month... Willis gets one more chance to Yippee Kai Yay some hackerz

Reuters Link

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I hope the bad guys are from a country other than an European one this time.

Why can only Harrison Ford fight South American guys? We in Mexico have good h4x0rs, too! :( :mad:

"Yippee Kaye, pinches!" - John Mclane

3. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

They should have a Die Hard where McClaine works with Jack Bauer to defeat the terrorist. That would be cool.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm always up for another Bruce flick. Groovy! :cool:

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What is with these old fogies doing sequels of long-dead franchises?

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

These Die Hard movies seem like tv movies to me. Maybe it's just Willis's screen presence...

7. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I love the Die Hard films...but how Die Hard-esque can this sequel be with a story centered around computer infrastructure. Instead of militants, mercernaries and terrorists Mclane's fighting cyber geeks. I can the blood bath now :p :rolleyes:

8. Mulder

Mulder Contributing Member

Not sure where I read this but I think McLane's son plays a big part in the movie. He is a hacker that gets busted and the government enlists his help to defeat the cyber terrorists. That's how McLane senior gets involved.

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

That was the original story, but they actually changed that character from being his son to just some hacker w/ no relation. I liked that movie, especially considering I think Justin Timberlake was at one time being considered for the role of his son.

10. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

The director, Len Wiseman, is the one who's married to Kate Beckinsdale.

My understanding is that he went to high school in Richardson, Texas, but I don't know if that is accurate.

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well, he has a hot wife!

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Uhhh. yea. She is one my favorite to watch... :)

13. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

there are two main reasons i can think of. the first is money. the second is money. and then there's the whole money angle you have to consider.

14. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

exactly. i was thinking bruce willis versus seth green or something. that would suck arse.

15. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Yuck. I hate it when mainstream movies try the whole cyber terror angle in most cases. They usually dumb down the technology way too much OR they make things ultra unrealistic. Also, what the heck is the deal with every computer in every movie making little beeping or buzzing noises when something is happening on the computer screen?

What real computer does that?

While I'm typing this post, there aren't little bleeps everytime a letter appears on screen. If I close the window, a little swooshing noise won't sound. But those high end government computers will.

I just want to see Bruce Willis shooting and beating up bad guys, while getting the snot kicked out of him too, until we have a final climactic one-liner from Willis before he makes the main bad guy blow up or fall or explode, or get sucked out of a plane or whatever.

16. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

i'm tired of these mutherphocking snakes on this motherphocking plane!

it's coming soon!

17. univac hal

univac hal Contributing Member

This is excellent news!! I hope they don't mess this one up..

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure the cybergeeks will have militants, mercenaries and terrorists as their bosses/underlings/vengeful brothers etc. More than enough ass for McClane to kick

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

heres an interesting tidbit...(from what I remember)

Die Hard With A Vengeance was originally written as an entirely different screenplay... It was called "Simon Says" and the producers adapted the story to fit around the Die Hard franchise... it focused on the villain, Simon, and they just wrote in John McLane as the hero and Zeus was originally written as a female character... they made "Simon" the brother of the Hans Gruber villain in the first Die Hard, and voila, you've got a trilogy!