1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did you see Ariza on the last plays tonight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theprof, Nov 27, 2015.

1. theprof

theprof Member

He was looking to Harden to call a play and it was clear Harden wanted to Iso for the fourth straight time, he basically said WTF. Luckily we won but it seems like Harden wanted 50 pts more than anything. Lucky Dwight hit the foul shots :eek:

2. ibm

ibm Member

a vid will help making your point a lot better...

3. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Really, we are going to do this again. Harden saved our asses (yet again) and is the only thing currently right with this team.

I seriously doubt he wanted to run a play so Ariza could brick another jumper.

4. ksny15

ksny15 Member

And here we go..

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden is icing:

1) Howard
    2) Ariza

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I don't think it has anything to do with Harden wanting 50 points. He wanted to win and he doesn't trust anybody else.... and I don't blame him.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

harden is tired of watching his team miss or pass up all the good looks he gives them, and not passing to dwight. anyone notice in the collapse they ignored dwight and instead tried to get their shots? howard too needs to be more vocal about this. he has to stop finshing games with 5 or 6 shots

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Next game it will be Bev
    Followed by Capela

9. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Our plays suck anyways. Harden was right to iso those spots we needed the win and he was the only guy playing well on offense.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I didn't trust the ball in anyone else's hand so I don't blame him.

11. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

Harden wanted the win plain and simple! He couldn't trust his teammates to get a basket or make a play that got the ball back to him. He scored 50 points and won the game for us.

I agree that better playmaking, ball movement and trust among players would have made the game a blowout that it should have been. Actually like the starting five players, but what happened to Capela? Did he get injured?

I know we need to instill confidence in our players and this should have been the game to do just that. Instead it was a way too close.

The fans were cheering the win but I was still embarrassed.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Harden had to save our asses. He had to counter the continuing questionable presence of Corey Brewer on the floor.

13. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

What was Ariza gonna do even if Harden passed him the ball?

Brick yet another 3 pointer?
    Drive into the lane and blow a layup like he so often does?
    Or drive and kick out a no look pass to the other team or a covered teammate who throws up a prayer?

Harden was our best option on offense even if he did turn it over a few times because unlike the rest of his team he was actually putting pts on the board and actually shooting decently unlike 90% of his expert bricklaying team mates that were looking hapless against a 0-16 team.

14. ibm

ibm Member

harden doesnt HAVE TO score 40 or 50 for us to win. if there's ever any knee jerk reaction, i'd call this statement a knee jerk reaction.

and this "harden won the game for us tonight" is a myth. not trusting teammates, from the long run, will for sure hurt the team a lot more than helping it. some of you guys dont want the hero ball, and say it will not work. but at the same time, you say "harden won the game for us". this is hypocrisy (and i am not even using the word in a bad meaning).

i know my opinion may be a bit uncommon, esp. tonight. but i feel that's the truth.

1 person likes this.
  15. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Now what did CLUMSY Ariza do again?

16. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Harden was at top of key with ball, and when he just kept dribbling, Ariza walked to the lower 3pt line, and looked at Dwight and kind of shrugged....then Harden missed a stepback 3pt. if I am correct

17. ibm

ibm Member

if there is a system where a star player HAS TO score big for his team to win, then the team has very serious problems.

18. Marteen

Marteen Member

It was at the very end of the game. I saw Ariza's reaction clearly like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. You could hear him, too.

19. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Hakeem never won a ring until he started to trust his teammates.

1 person likes this.
  20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

His teammates should thank him tonight.