1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did you not watch CP3 in 2018-2019?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets1897, Jul 12, 2019.

1. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

So what if he beats his man if he can't score? It makes no difference if he gets by his man and turns it over or misses a shot. That's not being good at ISO.

He definately gets to the rim easy but he's also out of control most of the time, which not a good thing.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He is actually a very good finisher at the rim, better than both Harden and CP3. His PPP on ISO suffered from his atrocious volume shooting from deep.

marky :) and dejamike like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Cp3 can’t shoot? Sure doesn’t look like it. The guy shooting less than 30% on the other hand. Yeah that sounds like the guy who can’t shoot. Dude been terrible specifically the last two years and owned in the playoffs by a rookie and lillard in continuous year. All while playing as bad as you could be

Now you’re trying to be completely oblivious to everything to just make it feel right. Doesn’t work that way

4. dejamike

dejamike Member

He was the scoring champ couple of years ago and always top 5 in scoring these past couple of years, I think what you are trying to say is he is not an efficient scorer which I agree, but saying that he can’t score, that’s just not true.

5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, anyone can score if they shoot a bunch of shots. I was just saying that by his efg% he is not an elite ISO player.

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Its not about just finishing at the Rim, because 50% of the time he will pull up for a running off balance two pointer that he is terrible at.

BaselineFade likes this.
  7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The original post you replied to was about getting to the basket aka finishing at the rim, but I see you like moving the goalposts.

BTW, have you ever considered that the D against OKC's terrible offensive system was to collapse on WB to force that or a kickout from him due to their complete lack of shooters? I wonder how that will work with the forced spacing by the Rockets offensive system?

That said, I do agree that WB is a very inefficient scorer due to some very, very bad shooting decisions combined with an inability to shoot well consistently. He is very much like the PG version of Josh Smith in this regard.

However, he is a Rockets now no matter how you or I feel, so why not focus your energy on the ways he CAN help us instead of b****ing and moaning about something that has already happened?

#67 chenjy9, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    cbass and dejamike like this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Wrong the original post I replied to was about ISO. Then he brought up getting to the basket but that’s not only one part of the ISO..

9. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

his crazy turnovers struck me last season..iso, dribble den kickout to an opponent, dribble den lost the handles..not the usual cp3

PeterKingX likes this.
  10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Dwight fell off a cliff, CP3 fell off a cliff, I wonder how long will it take for Russ to do the same?

Ummm, why Keith Jones can still keep his job is the biggest secret in the NBA.

11. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Hopefully not longer than it takes for Morey to trade his contract to NO for Zion who has said he's walking at the end the 2022 season (or whenever).

12. Rockets Rule

Rockets Rule Contributing Member

But Lin is a World Champion!! ;)

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I agree that CP3 is no longer a superstar and is clearly in decline and that paying him $40 mil per for the next 3 years was going to lower our ceiling, especially because he’s likely to be in street clothes for at least some part of every season going forward.

When you consider that, why not swap out that entire conundrum for Westbrook, who is a younger, true superstar, still worth his contract, and makes James happy ...at the cost of basically two 1st round picks?

I think it’s a solid deal for both teams. I’m surprised a lot more people don’t see it that way.

#73 Aruba77, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    PeterKingX likes this.
  14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Alex,

I will take "Morey able to walk on water before 2022 over the chance of Zion walking to the Rockets on 2022" for 500 please.

backwardhead likes this.
  15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, his defense fell off too. He was still crafty mostly off-ball but straight up he couldn't keep anyone in front of him.

16. MystikArkitect

Russ can’t shoot either.

Paul used to be dependable (Utah Series 2018) and just fell of a cliff. I’ll take the guy that can break down the defense and is 30. Paul is a better shooter than Russ, yea. Russ is a better player than Paul, period.

Anyone who would deny this is just not objective. Russ gives us a better chance to win for the remainder of the Harden window.

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

say no to WB folks!

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

Either. You obviously are a bit confused

19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

That’s the thing. It’s one thing to Coast and do load management in the regular season if you’re nails in the playoffs, like Kawhi Leonard. But Chris didn’t have another gear in the playoffs this year.

20. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

At the end of the day, this move will lead to a lower floor, but also a much higher ceiling.

I don't know if it will work out, but the one big advantage we have is Harden and Westbrook are good friends and have a long history of playing together. Westbrook is also placed in a much better position to succeed because he will be next to sharp shooters, something he lacked in OKC.

Paul did good for us, but Harden simply had to do way too much last season.