1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Did we make an offer to Cousins?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mig0s, Jul 3, 2018.

1. mig0s

mig0s Member

Apparently he 'didnt receive any significant offer'. With Capela possibly gone, I can't believe Morey didn't try to offer Cousins at least 5M. He's probably better than Capela will ever be.

"

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i commend morey if he passed up on cousins

whiskeyred, jman255 and ryano2009 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Yeah, a guy who hates running on the court and stays behind on defensive plays more than Harden ever has and coming off an Achilles injury is better than Clint... for sure!

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Everyone's fawning over Cousins now but he's always been a cancer. Reminds me of when Rodman joined the Bulls, nobody wanted Rodman.

6. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

I don’t think this is an issue, we will take him for that money, he probably just did’t choose us for the same amount of money

7. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

I want cousions and AD. Marc gasol, jordon etc. Morey should speed up to buy rudy gay, kawaii, kevin love etc.

jman255 likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

nba may have been ruined but is still awesome to follow, even in the offseason!

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and rightfully so, imagine Cousins on rockets, he wouldnt have gotten a single foul call llololo

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

op should consider following Hockey

B-Bob likes this.
  11. Bids9

Bids9 Member

We didn't for good reason. He wont play this season, might get back for playoffs but still incredibly risky. That's a 12+ month injury he got

juanm34 likes this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No matter how you try to rationalize this, Cousins will certainly be better than Kevon Looney, and any backup C we put on him. The distance between us and the Warriors was basically a whisker, and we lost a starter, and they added at least a 6th man of the year candidate.

Yes Cousins is flawed. He's slow. He's a hot head. He's coming off the worst injury in basketball. AND - not or - he is going to destroy our backup bigs. Everything they did to neutralize Capela they can still do without Cousins.

AXG likes this.
  13. jman255

jman255 Member

I sure hope he didn’t.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The only way we can counter Cousins is by signing Brothers.

[​IMG]

juanm34, fattz, MrButtocks and 11 others like this.
  15. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Pretty sure that’s not true at all. It’s a made up story so that people don’t criticize him as much as they did Durant.
    Since the story is “no one” made him and offer we are suppose to feel bad for him.

I’m sure if he didn’t get an offer his agent would be calling 10+ teams or the whole league. It’s not like he had to sign today. That’s just a bs story. He just wanted an easy chance at getting a ring while he sits on the bench for half the season.

harold bingo and kjayp like this.
  16. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Can we not put in bigs and run him down with wings? I’m half joking once we didn’t get him

17. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

just what I was thinking... the ESPN article is almost laughable at the number of times they qualify their comments by saying 'as far as we know' and 'to the best of my knowledge' and stuff like that... it seemed to be blatant damage control for the league...

18. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes we can! AND he will shot 100% from the field, slowly, with a bad attitude, and only being able to limit his defender off the switch to 60% shooting. Hooray!

19. bevo202

bevo202 Member

There's no conspiracy, Lakers and Dallas spent their cap space, after that Phx, Atl and Chicago didn't offer him. So the only thing left was the normal mid level at 9 mil or tax mid at 5 mil. That's why he signed for 1 year so he can build his value up and go for the max in 2019 when a bunch of teams have cap space.

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

HE already has a lifetime Anti Rockets contract

Rocket River

hakeem94 likes this.