1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did the Astros give Lugo a fair shake?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by countingcrow, Jul 4, 2006.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

2. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

No they didn't give him a fair shake. He was accused by his wife of beating her. She later admitted she was lying and he was acquitted. They should have given him a leave of absence until the manner was solved. Astros tried to say it was his performance that made them cut him but he wasn't that bad that you cut him.

3. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Everett was also around and needed somewhere to play.

4. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

The Astros weren't going to keep Lugo long-term anyways... not with Adam Everett coming up from the minors. This incident was just a mask for their true intentions. It wasn't fair, but they were likely going to release/trade/designate him for assignement anyways.

He's done a good job of continuing to progress, however... glad he's doing well in the majors, and has put his fielding problems behind him.

5. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Hard to keep a shortstop that has trouble throwing to first base in the playoffs

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the guy was an absolute defensive nightmare when it mattered most.

everett was on his way up.

7. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

gee, i wonder how much she was paid to say that she was lying????? that wasn't the first time that there were problems between lugo and his wife. the man has had several problems with the law in both houston and tampa.

and you know what, his performance wasn't that great. yes, he was a better hitter than everett, but would you rather have a slightly better hitter with twice the amount of errors, or a slightly worse hitter who can actually field his position?

adam everett has won MANY more games with his glove than lugo has with his bat.

8. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

lugo couldn't hit or field for **** while he was here.

9. G.O.A.T.

G.O.A.T. Contributing Member

I'm sure his wife would disagree.

10. rocketfat

rocketfat Member

lol...nice. i guess i lobbed that one over the plate for ya.

11. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I remember holding my breath every time he throws the ball.... It was an adventure every time.