1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did Nick Wright break CP3 injury news?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 25, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

During his show today, Nick Wright said when he first saw Chris Paul go down last night he was afraid he blew out his achilles. Why did he think that? Because he knows that Chris has been dealing with a sore achilles this series.

Wait a second, did I miss something? I know they said he had a "foot injury" but had that been disclosed previously as an achilles?

Assuming it's true (and it probably is, he's close to the organization) Chris Paul is a warrior. He played off the injury like it was nothing.

Get well Chris.

Edit for clarity: The point of this thread is not that it was an achilles injury last night. Nick wasn't saying that, he was saying his first FEAR was that because of the sore achilles he has. The injury last night was hamstring. The question I'm posing is did everyone already know he had a sore achilles?

#1 justtxyank, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  2. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

If it was achilles he wouldn't have been able to walk, I think.

3. Samiam1234

Samiam1234 Member

you dont walk when you tear your achilles.. its a hamstring injury, lets not make it worst.

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Didn’t Kobe finish the game when he busted his Achilles?

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure the Achlles was speculated to be sore by postgame commentators and why he had the icebag on his leg at the end of game 2. I think it was his left leg though, can't remember exactly.

Invisible Fan and justtxyank like this.
  6. justtxyank

He said it multiple times and was pretty confident about what he was saying.

7. mario_v

mario_v Member

He injured his Achilles in game 2.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, I think he hobbled over to take 2 FT's though before heading to the locker room.

True Rocket likes this.
  9. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

Kobe made two Ft's after tearing his Achilles.. just saying. please be ok Paul, we need you to finish off the worriers.

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Think he was referring to game 2, where he was holding the back of his right foot. This is a different injury - don't care what he thinks he knows. Now, it's possible he could have strained the right hammy because he was favoring that leg already due to the right Achilles tear.

Anyway, we will hopefully get some news soon. Wish CP the best. He's a tough dude.

D-rock likes this.
  11. justtxyank

Sorry to clarify...

Not that he injured his achilles last night, obviously that's a hamstring. The news was that he's been dealing with a sore achilles this series. I didn't know it was an achilles and that's why I'm asking. Seems like other people here had assumed it was the achilles that was bothering him already.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He might have had a sore Achilles, but the injury was definitely not an Achilles tear. When you see him walking to the locker room after the game, he wouldn't be able to walk like that if he had torn his Achilles....you can sort of walk with that injury, but it looks very different.

D-rock likes this.
  13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I am no medical expert but if it was achilles he should be holding his heel, not the back of the thigh.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

He and Cris Carter were just saying that they were worried it was something like that when CP3 couldn't get up at first after that play. I honestly had no idea what he had injured, partly because the game kept going and I was holding my breath watching that Cook 3-point attempt. Once he stood up though, my first assumption was his hammy.

15. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

From the highlights when Chris spun around, his right thigh was over the knee of who was guarding him. So it might have been like a hard bruise, maybe a contusion. Lets hope he's ready to go and its not as bad as it looks. The fact that he was able to walk is good sign. I think the look on his face was more disappointment that he wouldn't be able to finish the game. Such a competitor, he is exactly what we needed to set an example for Harden. I think Chris was the catalyst to prove to these guys that GSW are not invincible and he laid a road map of how to beat them. I think we will win the next game without him.

Bobbythegreat, rocks123 and D-rock like this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

You can walk but not without a ton of pain.

And Paul would not have grabbed back of his thigh, indicating hammy.

17. omgTHEpotential

What does it matter where he holds his hands/

18. blackistan

blackistan Member

Any update on the real injury?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

what does it matter? bc where he is grabbing is his hammy. that absolutely matters

20. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

I vaguely remember reading that he was trying to pull it back into place.