1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

did mlicki get hurt?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by chievous minniefield, May 25, 2002.

1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

why is cruz pitching right now?

2. Major

Major Member

Yep. Mlicki hurt something. Perfect timing, though, with Miller coming back. Redding can stay in the rotation if need be.

3. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

4 great innings in relief from a pitcher with a mediocre fastball and a good changeup.

A pitcher who has been shelled pretty much all the time.

Its a shame that is might be wasted because Kerry Wood is the staff ace of the Astro Killers.

4. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

thanks, Major.

you're right about the timing.

that was the first thought that went through my head when I saw that cruz was pitching in the 3rd inning with only 2 cubs' runs on the board.

I thought, "why is cruz pitching? maybe mlicki got hurt. that's good for tim redding and provides a pretty easy solution to the tim redding experiment."

it sucks for mlicki, but I have a feeling he might not get his spot back. I think redding has only needed to get confidence.

on the other hand, he's also sort of seemed to respond to needed to prove he belongs. he was pitching much better in the spring when he was pitching for a job.

anyway, I'm betting that redding will do a good job, and our starting 5 will be pretty dope.

too bad our offense sucks assssssssssssssssss.