1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Did MKG to Charlotte mess up Morey's plans?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by clubberclyde, Jun 28, 2012.

1. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

You better believe it.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

Morey should have been prepared for MKG going anywhere in the top 5.

It honestly wasn't a shocker.

4. thursdays

thursdays Member

Yes. That and Dion Waiters

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Probably - yes.

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

It wasn't so much MKG going #2 as it was Thomas Robinson not going to #3 or #4.

Once Robinson fell to 5, then every team in the top 10 got exactly what they wanted.

7. mazinger

mazinger Member

Yep, at that pint it was all over for the master plan.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Spooner

Spooner Member

Both of these things.

Toronto taking Terrence Ross was icing on the cake. No team would have taken Ross in the next 4 picks. They could have had Lowry and Ross. They didn't want Lowry because they want to pursue Nash. I didn't realize they were contending......

We could have drafted Drummond with Toronto's pick. **** Toronto and their piece of **** team.

9. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

he should've trade for #2 pick

10. Spooner

Spooner Member

That's not the point. MKG going 2 was the only way Robinson falls to 5. I'm still at a loss as to why Charlotte didn't trade back, given the Beal/Robinson love fest in Washington. Cleveland was clearly trying to trade up for Beal before Washington could get him.

Idiotic Bobcat management....

11. cheaterwon

cheaterwon Member

They wanted to much for the 2 and like it was stated everyone got there dream guy in the top 10 leaving us hosed. I am super upset but what could DM do? I am glad he didn't sell the farm for the 2nd. We will still trade Scola, MArtiln, and Lowrey before to long watch.

12. King901

King901 Member

This. If Sactown wouldnt have had a chance to get him, the trade would have went through.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Kings wanted Robinson to pair up with Cousins....anyone else and they would have traded to Houston the pick...

14. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

What screwed the Rockets more is Sacramento going public that they could not walk away from the Rockets offer unless the #2 best player in the draft fell to them. They announced who they wanted and they got him. A few minutes later they announced they wanted Dion Waiters who was magically taken at 4th.

15. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

I'm sure he planned for every option, he just has to go about it a different way now.

16. tofu--

tofu-- Member

That's exactly how I feel. Freaking Canadians.

17. alethios

alethios Member

I felt that was lost as soon as the Cats picked MKG. I was like, "Oh Hell NAW!"

18. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

We should have figured. There's a reason Charlotte and Cleveland are forever bottom dwellers.

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Can't blame Morey, but yes, the draft was ruined at the 2 spot by Charlotte. Having Waiters go at 4 certainly didn't help, but the Bobcats basically assured Robinson would go to 5 and the Kings would then forget about our trade and snatch up their guy. I wanted Drummond more than anybody and it was really depressing.

But what baffles me more than anything, is why didn't we just offer Raptors, who clearly liked Terrence Ross enough to take him higher than expected, 12 and 16/18? I think that would have been a great deal to move up for Drummond, and it wouldn't have involved Lowry, who could have been moved for other pieces.

I like Lamb and White (not so much T Jones) but I think the thing that I'm most upset about this draft with, is the fact we're bringing in essentially 4 rookies to an already crowded team. I wanted us to go all in for 1 dude, so hopefully Morey can line up a trade.

All in all I give the draft a 7 for Morey. His picks were good, but given the hype we received before, it's undoubtably a very disappointing draft overall.

20. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I AINT GONNA WAIT 5 YEARS FOR DRUMMOND TO DEVELOP. SO SCREW DAT ****.