1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did McGrady predict we would get swept?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket Freak, May 5, 2009.

1. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

I know McGrady picked us to lose to the Fakers, but I was watching the game with a friend last night and he said McGrady predicted we would be swept by the Fake Show.

Is that true? If so or if not, I hope he's not on our team next year.

2. Ashes

Ashes Member

Not in the slightest.

1 person likes this.
  3. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

Your friend is delusional

...i hope anyways. There's no way he said that.

4. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

I don't know what the problem is.

You think every player on that Pistons team, at the start of the CLE-DET series didn't have it in the back of their mind that they might get swept, or lose 4-1?

Every player has doubts. TMac was just dumb enough to come out and say it.

5. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

your friend is just trying to add fuel to the mcgrady hate. all he did was pick the lakers.

1 person likes this.
  6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Yeah Tracy said that. He also said he hopes yao is out for the season so the rockets can get into the lotto and get Griffin.:rolleyes:

7. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

don't think he specified, he just predicted the lakers were the team to beat, which imo they still are. yes, he should have lied, but he isn't playing so he he didn't think about answering the question as a rocket, but as a fan of the game. what he said isn't that ridiculous, and why anyone cares what he said is beyond me, yall already hate him, why do you care that he picked them? yall always say how you hate him and wish he was gone, yet when he makes a legitimate statement that doesn't support your team you get mad? (this is not a personal attack, i use the word "yall" loosely)

but yah, don't think he said we'd get swept, but i doubt he thought we'd win in LA, I figured we could win this series if we could somehow manage to get a game in a la, the fact that we did it in game one, even though i knew they would come out rusty, was still a delightful surprise to me, and i am sure to him

just want to reiterate to the fans, we can't expect to win another game in this series, we have to earn each one...that goes for every round (including portland)

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I am not a T-Mac fan but some of this stuff is just stupid. Even I understood he wasn't in anyway trying to slight his team. He just didn't really think this Rockets team was ready to compete with the elite teams. No one did really. Even on this board in a Poll I ran around 40% of you guys gave us a slim to none chance. SO why is it so outrageous to think T_Mac might agree. There are alot for stupider and selfish things to dislike TMac for. This is not one of them. He just spoke like a layman and predicted the Lakers over Cleveland. Every reporter in the nation is doing the same.

TMac still definitely wants to be a Rocket. I am personally done with him and hope they make a good trade for him this offseason. But if he came back healthy and commited and accepted Yao as the leader and listened to his coach with enthusiasm; knowing he could be a part of something big; but understanding it is not on him and this isn't his team, but he could be part of a great team, than I wouldn't be to upset about that. When healthy he is still one of the best athletes to ever play the game.

#8 Old Man Rock, May 5, 2009
    Last edited: May 5, 2009
  9. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Man, you guys are incredible... who cares what he said? Just let it go...

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

no more threads based on something you heard from a friend, please?