1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Did LeBron James pull a Harden today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, May 21, 2017.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

You should probably sip on some whiskey and think about it for a while.

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I didn't make the thread comparing what the two players did a week a part from each other.

You're right the comparison is asinine.

That's my point.

3. onreego

onreego Member

Are we saying Bron doesn't think he's bigger than the team?

That's the thing with most star players...They have yuge egos. Unless you find a Tim Duncan or Dirk, lets not pretend Bron wouldn't leave the Cavs again if he didn't and couldn't get elite help.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Cavs also lost a truly disappointing game coming home after the opposing team's best player went down with injury... The similarities really are eerie.

Sports fans gonna sports fan, though. Logic is rare in this realm.

5. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Word - we are completely in agreement. You didn't quote a specific post so I wasn't sure about what you were referencing.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

It wasn't an elimination game. LeBron has a chance to redeem himself. Big difference.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Thank you for saying that in jest.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lol, the Cavs were 10-0 in the playoffs before the loss. It wasn't an elimination game. It was in the 3rd round, not the second. The Cavs still dominated the first half. The Cavs are the defending champs. Lebron has been to 6 straight NBA Finals. Lebron previously took a crap team to the NBA Finals and at least to the 2nd round 5 straight year while winning 2 MVPs. Lebron also plays defense.

There are similarities... though they aren't eerie.

Let down game for the Cavs and Lebron, exactly when they could have one. Only hurts them in that they have to make an extra flight back to Boston. Potentially helps them as that team seems to perform better when there is adversity.

9. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Lol, it may not have been an elimination game, and it obviously wasn't as critical, but it was still important. If the Celtics got any reasonable amount of confidence and take another game, the Cavs will have far less rest than the Warriors before the finals, and they're the team that can least afford it given their average age. Plus, if anyone on the Cavs gets hurt after game 4, Cavs will probably be kicking themselves, too.

I'm not saying they're literally the exact same thing, but it is pretty damn similar. Harden also at least had his collapse against a far better team that was a far tougher matchup (even without Kawhi). There are some tradeoffs, and even if what Harden did was some marginal amount worse, it wasn't remotely as damning as all the knee-jerkers around here would have us believe. And yes, last night did serve as some evidence of why.

#89 SuperMarioBro, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  10. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

yeah big time

11. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Since when is Cavs offering you Lebron?

12. Mr. Space City

harden fans starting to sound like lin fans a few years ago.

ilovehtownbb likes this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Cavs lost 1 game out of the whole entire playoffs. Yeah... he's just like Harden

xtruroyaltyx and kjayp like this.
  14. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Sure, like I said it's similar. But like I also said, it's extremely different and not apples to apples if the idea is to compare the lead dog on each team.

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Another one of the many trends I've started. :D

SemisolidSnake and jayfree like this.
  16. jayfree

jayfree Member

I know... Imagine if we had an injured Parsons or Bosh sitting on the bench in a suit. We would be unstoppable!

17. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don't see what's so hard to follow.

Lebron is the far superior player and even he has had some truly terrible playoff games in his career.

It happens to everyone.

The end.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i hear ya... thats why you have to at least get guys that have the same self interest as the team... If everybody wants to win then at least you have common goals and interests...
    but then you end up dealing with some guy who would idk... blow off a team flight to go to the Superbowl instead... lol, see everything doesnt have to be a Harden slam... lol

onreego likes this.
  19. lw17

lw17 Member

What? I never suggested them?

20. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Like getting munsoned.