1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did James lose faith in dantoni ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, May 11, 2017.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I don't want to make this post an indictment . Just asking the question

After losing three game last night and the way things unraveled in games 2 and 3 in the fourth , do you think harden lost faith that dantoni could make the right decisions ?

I know many on CF are losing respect for Mike based off his inability to adjust and idiotic decision to go to 7 men . Have the players , specifically James also lost faith ?

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

No, his body has given out on him after the insane load of the season. He has nothing left in the tank.

shadowsb23, snowconeman22 and mikol13 like this.
  3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You can't put 95% of the load on a single player and expect us to win when the entire offense dies when he has an off game.

Harden should show up more for a star, but likewise you can't pin that much on one guy.

Second star baby.

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I was telling my friends that whoever won game 5 would close it out in 6. The Rockets played their asses off in game 5 only to lose. I think they were done mentally and lost game 6 before it even started.

5. BackdoorHarden

I lost faith in Harden. He choked again

6. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Probably to some extent...

but it aint the reason for the **** show of a game tonight...

even if you lost confidence, doesnt mean you would just not give a **** and not do nothing...

The branding ramifications... the only thing I can think is james is driving down his value to try to get outta town and doesnt want the lakers to have to give up too much...

7. rocketseagles07

Seriously? So how does Lebron have enough left after all his basketball? And don't talk to me about lebrons size because james has been durable as hell for years.

We lost and he played bad, everyone is tired in the playoffs

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Agreed , I was just posing the question because I Have lost faith in Mike .

This team was done mentally tonight . Sure some of that is on James , but the whole team outside of Clint and Trevor imploded .

9. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

No balls to seat Harden

10. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Totally not using your brain. Just blind hate for Harden, another genius fan.

Combo of running Harden in the ground and lack of an ability to adjust by dantoni.

Hardens greatness in the reg season covered up the simple style of dantoni. An actual coach would expose mike on a 7 game set.

11. BackdoorHarden

Rightttttttttttt. It's never Jame's fault and it's never Dwight's fault. It's always the coaches Fault!!!!

So when he choked in OKC against the Heats, it wasn't his fault.

It was McFail's fault. It was JBB fault. Now it's MikeD's fault.

See a trend here with Dwight and Harden? IT's always the coaches fault

12. BackdoorHarden

Lebron is playing 43 minutes a game!!!!! Is he running out of gas?

13. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

BS we seeing this before.

Seating Harden got us away from losing vs the Clippers and the Harden got McHale fire.

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Has a coach ever been fired the same year he won COY?

15. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Only 2 superstars away from trying to contend...:(

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'm not buying this. I guarantee Patrick Beverley expends more energy per game than Harden. Walking up the court, playing half assed zone defense, standing around in half court sets when the ball isn't in your hand isn't as energy intense as someone who runs around like Beverley or any other player such as Ariza.

If you ever played a serious full court game of ball, you would understand that you exert the most energy chasing offensive players as the defender.

17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Lebron sat out how many games to rest?

snowconeman22 likes this.
  18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I'm not talking about physical exertion.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I'm sorry, but if Harden honestly wants to make the excuse of "my body is tired" then we need to find a new superstar.

There is NO EXCUSE for this type of performance... none.

It would be one thing if he was trying to carry the team and his shots just weren't falling, but to take 2 shots total in the first half. 8 shots halfway through the 4th quarter.

All of that talk about Harden being a "mental midget" in big games was all but proven tonight. And when you include how he completely **** the bed to finish Game 5? The theory has been proven.

It's going to take the greatest season ever next year to fix his image after this one.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

james harden was hungover. Just sad someone can't focus during playoff time and realize the moment