1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Did I Miss the "Sell High on Aaron Brooks" Thread?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JLOBABYDADDY, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Hmm

Hmm Member

Oh, let's just trade Lin for Lowry and Scola back in a three way deal... Scola can easily put up the 11pts Howard put up the last game, except he can shoot 15' out so the rebounding difference won't be that crucial... Lowry can give us very similar numbers to Lin, for as we all know, he's reached his ceiling, no player aged 25 can be expected to improve any more than they already have...

Plus he gives us better defense than Lin, but who doesn't, amirite...?

2. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I really like this. Maybe Rose can be our assistant coach until he's healthy again.

3. Reach

Reach Member

This one game by Brooks will overshadow Lin's entire body of efficient work this season. Look for Lin's minutes to be drastically reduced going forward.

4. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Trading Lin while his value is high seems to definitely be a good move. Especially since Brooks and Beverly are so cheap and the extra money can get us players that fit better with Harden.

Also an Asik and Lin package can definitely be enticing for some teams to give up their better players.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

They allegedly don't want Asik back.

6. SeabrookMiglla

i like brooks, he is a good player and has the experience that this team needs. he is a player that gives you instant offense, and works real good in a smaller line up. i think that over all the beverly-lin combo is really strong and has been working nicely this season.

there is some sort of core the rockets need to keep, and i think that brooks has done well for the rockets during his career. i always wondered what would have been if that ginobili injury never happened.

i think the rockets should keep him on board!

7. Hmm

Hmm Member

Like Chris Paul, Kevin Durant and Lebron James... amirite? Easy peasy lemon squeezy...

8. StandontheLake

If he has a couple more games like this, we can trade him to the Knicks for Shumpert.

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Shumpert is one of the dumbest players out there. The guy is an athlete with no basketball IQ.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Should be:

"Sell TALL on Aaron"

11. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I'd rather trade Beverly while his value is high, keep Brooks and Jeremy. We all know how we over rate our players, Beverly has no where to go but down.

12. Play07

Play07 Member

Wish list

Rondo / Lin OR brooks
    Harden / shumpert
    Howard / defensive minded center filler

-defense on the perimeter 1st & 2nd unit
    -offensive on the perimeter 1st & 2nd unit
    -maybe brewer can be that guy instead of shumpert when he comes back from his calf injury, but shumpert is the better shooter regardless & he can slide to the 3 if we go small to close out games with parsons at the 4.
    -this line up gives harden more rest going into playoffs

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If anyone caught the first RGV game you'd probably feel less inclined to want to let any of the Rox 3 rotation PG's go. Canaan just looks like a hot mess out there trying to run a basketball team. He tries way too hard to get his own shot off and often dribbles the ball up to take a contested 3.

If Canaan continues to show that he can't run a basketball team, and is only going to be a scoring guard who takes bad shots, I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's the first one to get cut if they need to take another player back in a 2 for 1 trade, or if they need the roster spot to pick up a veteran off of waivers.

IMO, Brooks is a keeper this year as insurance, and Lin/Bev aren't going anywhere unless they are trading for a top notch PG.

14. Moahst

Moahst Member

Aaron Brooks has a no trade clause and a very modest contract. I'm guessing he took less money in exchange for the guarantee that he'd be in Houston for at least a year.

15. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

At only 28 years old I think AB made mistake resigning with the Rockets. I personally think he should have look for a place to get playing time and try to parlay that into a multi-year contract.

16. Remii

Remii Member

Well, McHale can give him 10-15 minutes of Harden and Parsons time. Those guys are on the floor too much. And IF Bev or Lin gets traded Brooks will get more of an opportunity.

17. johnnytsunami

johnnytsunami Member

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Yup, and SamFisher continues to get exposed a moron. Its a good thing he's known as a troll around here because he was in the keep Cannaan cut Brooks group.

19. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I think you guys are forgetting that while Morey was big on stockpiling assets to get stars...we HAVE our stars now. Stars need role players, chemistry and development. The primary phase of Moreyball is done now. Time for basketball (I stole this line from some article).

Seriously though, I don't think we'll see too much player-flipping after Asik is gone. Heck, Morey held off this summer on dealing Asik when options were available. I think we're 1-2 pieces away from having a contending team lineup...and that 1-2 piece does NOT have to be another star like KLove or LMA (as amazing as those pickups would be).

20. Neped

Neped Member

Might be good for him. He definetly be a starter somewhere else. Good for Rockets good for Linsanity!!!!!!!