1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Devastation in Section 101

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 29, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I went out to the game tonight and sat in Section 101. What a game. What a crowd. The Houston crowd shut down all talk about not "bringing it" this year. That was the best experience I've EVER had at a sporting event.

But it wasn't enough. We couldn't will those 3s in, we couldn't scare the refs into calling a straight game.

Instead, the game ended and my heart broke. I don't think I've EVER taken a loss harder than this loss, not in basketball or any other sport. This felt like one of those years that you don't get back. The team played with their hair on fire these last 4 games. The defense was EVERYTHING. To go 0-27 from 3 and lose a game where you looked like the better team is just gut wrenching.

I really don't think I will recover. This felt like THAT year. Losing this one will hurt deep into next season. I can't imagine going to a playoff game next year unless they are back in the WCF. I tried to avoid high expectations because I know what the Warriors are, but it happened. I fell in love with this team and I let myself believe.

So, here's to a great season. I don't know what the future will hold, but this will always be the year that hurt, the year that got away.

Thanks to the posters I've enjoyed so much this year:
    @DreamShook
    @Deckard
    @SamFisher (who knew we'd ever get along)
    @Os Trigonum
    @The Cat
    @CometsWin
    @Nook
    @topfive
    @BigMaloe
    @J.R.
    @Deuce
    @J Sizzle
    @D-rock
    @B-Bob
    Any many others that for some reason I can't get the tagging feature to work on.

I'll see you guys later, somewhere down the line. If it weren't for my D&D brethren I think I'd be done.

#1 justtxyank, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. Why not?

Why not? Member

OP, I'm right there with ya... It will be hard to forget this one.

arabrocket likes this.
  3. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

The crowd tonight was amazing.

I never sat down one single time all game.

Many people in my section, and my entire row never sat down.

It sucks. It hurts.

But I’m proud and I’m glad I was able to witness this game. We didn’t lose for effort. Bad officiating and being horrible from 3 cost us the game.

Being so bad from and the officiating; to even be as close as we were with an opportunity to win just speaks of how much effort, heart and dedication this team played with.

RocketWalta and tmactoyao like this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You captured how I feel, as well.

This team deserved it. This hurts bad.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't mind losing to a good team. But the way it was lost--the refs, the missed shots--just left a bitter taste in my gut that will last a long long time.

6. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

My heart started to sink near the 1:30 minute mark of the 4th quarter. Just heartbroken realizing the season was about to end. Never felt like that before for a Rockets game.

htwnbandit likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Im not one of the tagged posters and here I thought we were chill when you told me to try your fav final fantasy game. Uncool.

Cant trust deez yankees fans ;)

8. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

This is why I made that thread, about emotionally preparing myself for a loss. I don't feel as bad as I would've otherwise, especially knowing CP3 was out. But goddammit, we were up 11 the last two games and the zebras clearly had an agenda. Disgraceful. But on top of that it's so disappointing knowing we had them on the ropes and CP3 gets hurt. No doubt in my mind we win this game with him on board. He'd have made 4 3s on his own, and turned some of those other misses into drives to the hoop, or something I'm sure. Would've still been a great storybook ending to win Game 7 for CP3 and for the city, and beat the Cleveland LeBrons in 5 even without CP3.

What a total gut punch.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

D&D is probably going to light up like a Christmas tree. A lot of anger to let loose. heh

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

I love all you guys.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

This was the year.

Caught a horrifically bad break with CP3 injury and the margin for error got too small also **** off referees who did us no favors.

It happens man. Great team great season.

Deckard likes this.