1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Detroit Free Press) Pistons talking to Rocks about Bonzi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Phillyrocket, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I didn't see this posted anywhere but lock it up if it is.....

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070116/SPORTS03/701160400/1051

The Pistons have confirmed that they've spoken to Toronto about the availability of former Michigan State star Morris Peterson and reportedly have contacted Houston regarding Bonzi Wells. And Seattle SuperSonics coach Bob Hill told local reporters that Davis, a veteran with an expiring contract and solid defensive skills, would be a great fit for his team.

2. #1draftpik

#1draftpik Member

Bonzi for one of Detroit's Big Men?

http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070116/SPORTS0102/701160358/1127

Pistons: Notebook

Big man in, big man out

Chris McCosky / The Detroit News

"Getting a player like Chris definitely helps us," said McDyess, who had 16 points and seven rebounds, despite back spasms that flared late in the Pistons' 94-90 overtime loss to the Timberwolves. "But there are some guys in this locker room biting their nails, wondering when their lucky number is going to be called. It's obvious that somebody's got to go."

Detroit has expressed interest in Toronto's Morris Peterson (Michigan State), Houston's Bonzi Wells (a former Pistons draft pick) and Minnesota's Marco Jaric .
    Pistons president Joe Dumars acknowledged the team might be looking for perimeter help but said no deal is imminent.

Mohammed, in the first year of a five-year, $30 million contract, might be the player the Pistons try to move first. He made it clear before Monday's game if he didn't have a role, he would ask to be moved.

"I came here to play," said Mohammed, who recently lost his starting spot to Davis. "I'd be lying if I said I would just sit over there and be happy if I wasn't playing.

"If I am not in the plans, I would ask for a trade."

Mohammed was upset by the way he was pulled out of the starting lineup -- he was told Davis was starting minutes before last Friday's game in Atlanta.

3. #1draftpik

#1draftpik Member

"Signing Chris Webber today likely will mean one of the other frontcourt players -- Nazr Mohammed , Dale Davis or Antonio McDyess -- soon will be gone."

Sorry....accidentally left this part out

4. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

already posted, cept for the part about mcdyess being available. Still seems like its speculation on whose actually available.

Only person I would consider would be mcdyess.

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

2 ppl posting on it within 2 minutes...and it was posted a few days ago

6. windfern

windfern Member

I thought Bonzi was playing tonigt in Dallas.

7. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Bonzi is not gonna play anymore as a rocket. Dale davis is a solid big man who will have an expiring contract. bonzi will bolt in the offseason, atleast get something in return. deke and DD will provide a very solid Center rotation till yao comes back.