1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2017 NFL Draft/1-12] Deshaun Watson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2017.

?

Do you like the decision to trade up & select Deshaun Watson?

1. Yes

90.8%
  2. No

9.2%
  1. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I refuse to banter with you about these endless topics that are pretty much straight from bum.

First it was his velocity... welp that doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

Now it's his accuracy... valid argument, I don't recall one rookie QB that came in with impeccable accuracy. Everyone can improve that, especially after their FIRST 2 FREAKIN GAMES OF THEIR CAREER.

Then you ask for more stats. Well **** everyone was asking for more stats, wins, everything from (your boy) Brock and if it wasn't for the defense bailing this team out we would have had a chance at Mitch Trubisky or Myles Garret.

If I want to go round in circles about useless banter, I'll go home and argue with my wife. Good luck predicting my future, I know where you'll be!

Fulgore, pgabriel and tmacfor35 like this.
  2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

You just questioned someone's intelligence again. You may be unfixable.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I agree, you shouldn't try to talk with me about these topics given that you are woefully ill equipped to do so. Your post above proves that.

Since he's been with the Texans Watson has struggled at times with both accuracy and velocity on his passes....so acting like people are changing the argument is kind of odd given that he's shown those examples of every knock on him thus far.

Also, no one has suggested that he can't get better one day. In most posts on the topic I say that his problems are his throwing fundamentals, which means they can be corrected.

I ask that people not use Total QBR, because that's a bunk stat, that's not asking for "more stats" only asking for relevant stats.

When all you seem to be able to do is misrepresent my position, misrepresent reality, or outright troll, it's probably best if you just went home to your wife. I haven't seen any evidence that you are capable of adding anything constructive to the conversation here.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]

Not gonna drag me into this post count buffer!!!

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't question anything, I flat out said that they didn't have anything intelligent to add to this specific conversation...which is a fact backed up by plenty of evidence. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that and nothing to "fix". It's kind of funny to me that you think there is. I would argue those who resort to misrepresenting what others are saying or outright trolling have something to "fix".

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That said, I remember this kid and at one point I had him on ignore. For whatever reason I removed him from the list and gave him a second chance at being a worthwhile person. I can see that I was wrong to do so and as such I'll fix it.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Lets see how the Patriots game goes.

The Patriots will be very well prepared and the Texans will not.

The Patriots will make Watson throw the ball down the field and he will have to make multiple reads.

Watson isn't going to be able to make 50% of his pass attempts to Hopkins, he will have to make multiple reads and will be pushed out of his comfort zone.

A bad game against the Patriots doesn't mean Watson won't be good eventually, but the game will give us a barometer of where Watson is now.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's fair. Right now the Patriots are coming in with the 2nd worst passing defense in the NFL so a good passing game by Watson will be encouraging and a bad passing game will be very discouraging without saying he'll never be better.

Basically it's a "if you can't pass the ball on this team, who can you pass it on?" type game.

9. Anticope

Anticope Member

"And if you can pass the ball on this team, what else can I come up with about you to spend 10K posts arguing about?"

Joshfast likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Glad to see you didn't even attempt to discuss anything related to the topic of this thread, you just opted to mindlessly troll....because that's what you have to offer I guess.

11. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

At least Griffin and Fuller should be back so hopefully 50% of passes dont have to go to hopkins. Im betting Ervin and Miller have some break out pass catching games... still probably lose.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Griffin should be a boost to the offense, but I still don't expect this one to be close.....but I'd LOVE to be wrong about this one.

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yeah he was on there doing the same things he does on this forum. You would think ole Bobby would've humble himself by now. Lol

tmacfor35 likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Tim being a b**** has nothing to do with this forum or any other. His realm of influence ends at BRB.....so there's no reason for me to do anything different. So far, I haven't seen anyone banned from any other forum for speaking blasphemy against Teddy Bridgewater, that was just a BRB thing.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Deshaun Watson said he doesn't lock in on one target, said personnel he had available against Bengals was a factor

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) September 20, 2017

Deshaun Watson expects 'different coverages, different schemes, different looks. I'm young, I'm new to the league'

Deshaun Watson: 'I can make things happen with my feet. I focus on me'

Watson on his mobility: "It gives the defense another look, another thing to worry about. I can make things happen with my feet and my arm."

— Houston Texans (@houstontexans) September 20, 2017

Watson: "Each day I try to get one percent better."

— Houston Texans (@houstontexans) September 20, 2017

16. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

If you truly think that's the reasons. Well brother you needs some major help. Lol

But hey back to Watson.

tmacfor35 likes this.
  17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

After that loss to the Chiefs , Mr. Tom Brady is on a mission. You can tell by the death stare after that game. And how he was pretty much on fire the following week. He is not about to lose two in a row on his home field.

But hey we have a puncher chance. Any Given Sunday.

Would be sweet if we can upset the mighty Patriots.

18. conquistador#11

I hope b.o.b buys watson the TB12 book! If I had access to that info I would have led the Texans to not 5 but 10 sb trophies from 2003-2015.
    avocado ice cream ftw!

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said, it was fully proven in the aftermath which was behind the scenes and he's had many opportunities to atone since then and he's refused. It's okay if you don't want to believe it, but it doesn't really matter one way or the other.

That said, yeah, let's get back on topic.